Edelbrock intake 2101. Carb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegMan79

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2016
Tucson, AZ
I recently got a used 2101 performer eddy intake. Was thinking of getting a eddy 1405 carb to use with it. After reading about these QuadJets, I'm thinking I might just keep it for now. What would you guys suggest? There's a lot of mixed feelings about both of these. Car is currently stock and a gutless turd.
It's a 79 MC 305, th350 and 2.73 gears. I'm waiting for my posi and gears in the mail as we speak. If I did keep my qJet, what gaskets/adapters etc.. would I need?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I recently got a used 2101 performer eddy intake. Was thinking of getting a eddy 1405 carb to use with it. After reading about these QuadJets, I'm thinking I might just keep it for now. What would you guys suggest? There's a lot of mixed feelings about both of these. Car is currently stock and a gutless turd.
It's a 79 MC 305, th350 and 2.73 gears. I'm waiting for my posi and gears in the mail as we speak. If I did keep my qJet, what gaskets/adapters etc.. would I need?
No adapter needed for either a spread bore (Quadrajet) or square bore (Holley, Edelebrock, etc.) carb since the manifold is already set up for either one (dual pattern).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Keep the Qjet, have it rebuilt and tuned by someone who knows what they are doing like Cliff Ruggles or Sean Murphy. Buy Doug Roe ' s book on Qjets and study it.

RegMan79

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2016
Tucson, AZ
No adapter needed for either a spread bore (Quadrajet) or square bore (Holley, Edelebrock, etc.) carb since the manifold is already set up for either one (dual pattern).
Is there any issues with the linkage or kick down? Or will it match up with out issues?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Your entire stock setup should swap over to that manifold. Check out this guy to rebuild your quadrajet.....
http://www.quadrajetpower.com/
His entry level rebuild is $225

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I would have the Q-jet rebuilt. I think it's a better carb than an Edelbrock. As mentioned, the Edelbrock Performer manifold is a direct bolt on, so therefore all the linkages, etc. will go back together as stock.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor