elec fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD13ailey

Master Mechanic
Aug 26, 2009
Columbia city, Oregob
i have dual ten inch electric fans in my 78 regal and i had to cut the top part of my fan shroud off so it would still hold in the radiator and then i pop rivited the fans to it. they are out of some year of camaro either a late 80s or early 90s and then i bought a contoller out of summit so they do everything themselves

MD13ailey

Master Mechanic
Aug 26, 2009
Columbia city, Oregob
i have dual ten inch electric fans in my 78 regal and i had to cut the top part of my fan shroud off so it would still hold in the radiator and then i pop rivited the fans to it. they are out of some year of camaro either a late 80s or early 90s and then i bought a contoller out of summit so they do everything themselves

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
86Cutlass383SR said:
With my car being a daily driver I personally like using factory parts that are widely available when replacement is needed. I've heard people using Dodge Intrepid fans, Ford Taurus, etc.

On my car I'm using the GM f-body alum radiator with the plastic tanks and the factory dual fans. Many look down on these rads because of the plastic tanks. I figure if GM trusted them who am I to doubt. If it ever does go bad, I may get the Summit direct replacement alum rad for $289.95. Same situation on the electric fans. I've never had one go bad (and I bought them used too) along with the upper mounting and it was an easy mod to bolt to my radiator support. If they ever need replaced, I may look into either the Ford or Dodge setups.

before you head to summit find yourself a circle track speed shop to get an aluminum rad...they are alot cheaper and they fit right in place...I have an Allstar rad...

http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=312

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
Thanks for that link! I may very well go with one of those. Thanks!

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
what should i run the tmep switch at as well. i have 180deg tstat

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
LT1/LS1 fan from 4th Gen F-body fits well in a G-body.

ubanks2000

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2010
Please keep us updated because i know personally i was wanting to purchase a radiator from them this summer. But i am so skeptical about their prices. Please first problem or the first time you realize that it is amazing please reply on the thread.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
Anybody know if the late 80's Camaro dual fans are single speed or dual speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor