F'n Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the feds are talking about increasing the federal tax on gas another $.15 a gallon to make up for the lost revenue from cars getting more MPG and people driving less! WTF The government tells the auto industry to build cars that get better mileage and for people to cut back on driving to save gas so we can reduce our dependence on middle east oil, and then want to increase gas tax to make up for their loss!
IMO we should kick out of office all the tax and spend "DONKEYS" and the lobbyist loving "ELEPHANTS" in the next election! WE should keep doing this every two years until we elect "PEOPLE" who truely put the "AMERICAN PEOPLE" first when they enact laws!
Sorry friends, I just had to vent......And this is my 300th post!

Doug

oldtinsmith said:
Now the feds are talking about increasing the federal tax on gas another $.15 a gallon to make up for the lost revenue from cars getting more MPG and people driving less! WTF The government tells the auto industry to build cars that get better mileage and for people to cut back on driving to save gas so we can reduce our dependence on middle east oil, and then want to increase gas tax to make up for their loss!
IMO we should kick out of office all the tax and spend "DONKEYS" and the lobbyist loving "ELEPHANTS" in the next election! WE should keep doing this every two years until we elect "PEOPLE" who truely put the "AMERICAN PEOPLE" first when they enact laws!
Sorry friends, I just had to vent......And this is my 300th post!

Doug

x2! and congrats on the 300th post.... 8)

pontiacgp said:
mdz85olds said:
Owning a 5.7l Suburban, a Hummer and the Cutlass I have come to a point where I don't even look at gas prices anymore.
I know they are high, but will it stop me from pumping? I know damn well I won't be trading any of my rides in for a Prius :puke:
But yes they are high, once they went up it never really came back down. It's just accepted now.... 🙁

I never thought I see a time when a G body would be the economy car in the family.. :rofl:

HA!! I never thought about that!! 😀

Nothing new under the sun. I'm old enough to have been driving during the first gas "crisis" in 73'. So everyone dumped the gas hogs and bought econoboxes and guess what? Oil barons announced that they had to raise prices because consumption was down. :blam:

OK I gassed up today. It was $0.961 per litre.

On the news today- gas prices going up,up,up, for no good reason. Demand is flat, supplies stable, inventories of oil, gas, home heating and diesel fuel at record levels. So WTF?? Greed people. Greed. Speculation in oil futures is the latest get-rich-quick scam, again. Borrow money, buy up oil in the morning, watch the price go up, sell in the afternoon, pay back your loan, and pocket the profits. One trader was overheard saying he was "dissappointed" that crude refuses to go above $90 a barrel. Never mind that it's you and me paying the obscene price at the pump. Swine.

they have us over the barrel...no pun intended

the gov up here won't do anything to lower the gas prices since they gouge us 14% provincial fuel tax, 10% federal tax and 13% hst so the higher the price the more the government steals from us....

These are reasons why I think Stanley Meyer's technology is so important today. Good news is that many people are working on it independently. Also, there have been many claims that it works......unfortunately everyone that has made those claims has fallen off the internet.....

Look into it at least. There's someone out there that will be able to figure this technology out and get it to the public. If you don't know about it, Google and Youtube will teach you all about his inventions and patents. This is real stuff, he could not have gotten patents without proving it worked.

I don't even have to read the last 4 pages to know what's up. Gas in Ohio=2.99 a gallon. Guess what? They do it cuz they can. Holidays= let's jack up the price of gas because more people are going to be driving more. It's America fellas. Clean and simple. Not to sound unpatriotic, I have nothing against America... I just hate people in general. Brotherhood, patriotism, whatever you believe in and whatever gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside can all be thrown out the window when the guy standing next to has a chance to screw you over to make a buck. Think I'm wrong? Here's an example: I was watching all the coverage on 9/11 when it happened, I was sitting at work. Thought to myself later that evening "Ya know, maybe I should go get some gas in case we have some issues with the country we get our gas from..." Low and behold, everybody in my area had the same exact thought I did, whispers of "gas shortage" left and right, cars backed up down the streets at EVERY gas station around and the &%&*$#!!!! gas stations selling gas at anywhere from $9.00 to $16.00 a GALLON!!!
So yeah... my point being: If they can F you... they're gonna F you.

HurstOlds said:
These are reasons why I think Stanley Meyer's technology is so important today. Good news is that many people are working on it independently. Also, there have been many claims that it works......unfortunately everyone that has made those claims has fallen off the internet.....

Look into it at least. There's someone out there that will be able to figure this technology out and get it to the public. If you don't know about it, Google and Youtube will teach you all about his inventions and patents. This is real stuff, he could not have gotten patents without proving it worked.

his technology cannot work.....if you think that because he got a patent it has to work then look at this patent...

http://gizmodo.com/136753/patent-696097 ... -spaceship

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor