Holley G-Body LS swap infotainment thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8y_drifter

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2016
Kuwait
Well, I'm planning on swapping a turbo 4.8L and 4L80e into my cutlass. The turbo kit I have was originally intended for my 2013 GMC sierra daily (Trick Performance Stage 3 kit) but I changed my plans and gonna use it in my cutty instead. The turbo manifold places the turbo quite high so one of my worries was whether or not my 7875 turbo was gonna clear the stock hood. The top of the turbo sits about flush with the intake manifold, and I think if I use Holley swap mounts it might just fit. I haven't seen anyone use Trick's hotside on a gbody so this might be a first.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Well, I'm planning on swapping a turbo 4.8L and 4L80e into my cutlass. The turbo kit I have was originally intended for my 2013 GMC sierra daily (Trick Performance Stage 3 kit) but I changed my plans and gonna use it in my cutty instead. The turbo manifold places the turbo quite high so one of my worries was whether or not my 7875 turbo was gonna clear the stock hood. The top of the turbo sits about flush with the intake manifold, and I think if I use Holley swap mounts it might just fit. I haven't seen anyone use Trick's hotside on a gbody so this might be a first.

Like this?

IMG_20190914_184533_707.jpg

Mine is just below the intake and I can probably go up a couple inches.

I'll see if I can get some measurements of it today.

Reactions: 2 users

Q8y_drifter

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2016
Kuwait
Awesome! I didn't know you had a turbo. I see you're using a KB Racing G-body manifold.

Don't wanna side track your thread, this is my buddies 09 Silverado with a 7875 turbo on a Trick Stage 3 T4 manifold. Just a hair above the top of the throttle body on a TBSS intake.

I think you may be right. A couple inches higher than yours should still clear.

20190221_193452.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Awesome! I didn't know you had a turbo. I see you're using a KB Racing G-body manifold.

Don't wanna side track your thread, this is my buddies 09 Silverado with a 7875 turbo on a Trick Stage 3 T4 manifold. Just a hair above the top of the throttle body on a TBSS intake.

I think you may be right. A couple inches higher than yours should still clear.

View attachment 126725
Sidetrack away man. This is an info thread, and it's already helped you. So that's a win.

I found with the KB manifold I was a bit far back for routing piping down to clear the steering linkage. I would want to be an inch farther up and forward if I did it again. if you need to see more check my build thread. Way more detailed pics there.

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Nice write up, I too will be using the Holley stuff for my swap.

Ripjason

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 28, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Here are some install pics of the Hooker Part# 70501364-RHKR exhaust install. Once you pop the enormous box open you see why its expensive. Everything is beautifully tig welded and high quality. Fit is perfect. Period. Nothing hangs low. You can fit a 3.5" driveshaft with the 3" exhaust.

The only issue I had was a slight interference with the UMI rear control arm braces and the mufflers. There is enough play in the system to tilt the mufflers and clear the bolts on the braces. Its pretty minor and was easily adapted for without any modifications.

It sounds good, but is a straight through glass pack style muffler and might be a bit aggressive for some, especially with the 1.75" long tubes like I have.

Idle walk around. This is a moderate cam idle @ 750rpm.

A short hit from inside.

View attachment 115093 View attachment 115094 View attachment 115095 View attachment 115096 View attachment 115097 View attachment 115098
Any tips on getting the pass side in.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
No. Just wondering if u need to lift engine up off of mounts
I didn't, put some masking tape on the header tubes and you can work it in like a puzzle piece.

How close to the block do you have the transmission ears? Or what trans do you have?

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I had to cut off passenger side and drivers side ears on 4l80e case
I also have the muffler touching the bolt on UMI brace. I'm going to lop off about 3/8 " of the bolt in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor