• maroon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • white

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
can't wait to see how it turns out

My car almost ended up with that same two-tone. If I had not liked it so much all red, I would have sprayed the top silver. I like it and would love to see a G-Body with that scheme. I think it will compliment the body lines well.

about the aluminum gauge cluster you want to make, it's called engine turning or Damascening. and it does look sweet! I wanted to do it to my trim I'm gonna make on my cutlass so I researched it. you need to buy something called a damascening tool, and you put it on a drill press and it makes the swirls, time consuming. but i did find this link for the vinyl, that you could just lay over your aluminum and it'd look the samehttp://www.hotrodworks.net/decal/dash.html

SCRATCH THAT! you can buy an Engine Turning kit from Eastwood for $13 but you still need a drill press

thanks i will deff. look into that. the car is still at the body shop for another week or two. i will post pictures as soon as its done, you will find the color out then. i just ordered a painless wiring harness, and all my other gauges.

NICE car. what transmission u going with?

for now i am just running a turbo 350, but i want to switch to something with overdrive. i am looking into a turbo 400 with a gear vendors overdrive system, but i do not know if i want to dump that kind of money into it. i still have a 62 impala ss i want to get at soon. i just went to the body shop today and allot has been done already, over half of it is blocked and all my glass is out, i am waiting for my hood i ordered form glass tech, 4 inch cowl. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor