Our 79 Monte Carlo- Pro Touring Project

Our Monte attended its first show a few weeks ago where it was displayed in the air to show its new fancy underneath. The car received a lot of attention, we got a lot of compliments on the budget look. We also had a few haters, but doesn't every car? 🙂 We know the green paint is ugly, that is why we like it!

05152.jpg

05153.jpg

05154.jpg

05155.jpg

05156.jpg

Thanks very much. I wish I could attend a show like that, and see all of the modifications in person. It looks like you had some literature available for people to pick up and look at as well.

Here are a few more shots of the new suspension on our Monte. Our Monte basically received our Stage 4 handling kit.

As soon as our new seats come in along with rear disc, steering wheel and steering box she will be headed to the track for testing. We will be sure to share the photos and video!

05161.jpg

05162.jpg

05163.jpg

05164.jpg

05165.jpg

very nice and I like the way you have the undersides of your cars on display. How do find the Goodrich tires on the green monster. I was told they were noisey. With the rear bar I see you have adjustable links, are you considering a pre-load set up for a test on an oval track?

pontiacgp said:
very nice and I like the way you have the undersides of your cars on display. How do find the Goodrich tires on the green monster. I was told they were noisey.

I will actually be putting some highway miles on the car beginning tonight and tomorrow... hopefully around 150-200 miles.

However it will be tough to tell over the exhaust and TH400 backed with the 3.73's going 70 mpg 🙂

procircuit said:
Are you going to add a little stitch weld to the rear sway bar mounts on the housing?..

We won't unless we need to. The mounting brackets have teeth machined into them and that grip into the axle tubes to prevent rotation.

Here are a few pictures that show the rear bar at right height. It looks mean from the back end.

05171.jpg

05172.jpg

Reactions: Tony1968

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor