Our 79 Monte Carlo- Pro Touring Project

Our current plan is to turn business toward them.

I'd recommend contacting Shane St. Myers for your Moser needs.

[email protected]

Let him know you talked with UMI

Also, I'm happy to help guide you on your Moser stuff in general. Shane is the real expert though.

--Ramey

We are starting the suspension build on our Monte and shot this picture before we started... I think it was a pretty good photo 🙂 Lance our web admin does nice work.

We are installing our UMI Stage 4 kit on the car which includes Viking double adjustable shocks for all four corners, the front will be a coil over and the rear will have a 2" drop spring. The rear end will be rebuilt with Moser axles, differential and we will reuse the 3.73 gears that came in the car. Also we are installing C5 front brakes using a custom adapter bracket we built. The bracket C5 kit will be for sale shortly from us.

I will be posted some detailed pictures of the installation, they will come soon.

UMI Stage 4 Kit- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/i ... cts_id=721

Viking Shock Kit- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/i ... cts_id=709

02261sm.jpg

We began the suspension overhaul on our Monte. Since we have the entire underneath of the car off this is a good time to touch up the floor and frame. To keep things simple we removed all of the loose rust and then wire brushed and sanded the underneath of the car. We will then use flat black paint and coat the underneath of the car. This works great because it prevents anymore rust and makes for easy touch ups when things happen. Fortunately the car is solid underneath with just surface rust.

Pictures below show the rear of the car before. Finished pictures to follow.

02281.jpg

02282.jpg

02283.jpg

02284.jpg

That is a really clean car underneath. The only issue I see is those factory welds on the frame rails could use a do over.

Finally getting around to installing the suspension items.

We have a lot more pictures to share but here is one for now. Below is UMI front upper/lower a-arms, Delrin bushings, tall upper/lower ball joints and Viking front coil over kit with double adjustable shocks and 550lb springs.

03021.jpg

Reactions: Tony1968
Now that's a nice picture. Is that the old G-Body test vehicle in the background?

03021.jpg

That looks great and I like the spring rate you chose. For the lower A arm from the looks of it it wouldn't be hard to modify that to take a screw in ball joint...

Coming along nicely. I'm interested to see the final handling result of all the suspension stuff.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor