BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Oh wow. Is there any chance you could snap some pics when you get a chance so I can show my engine guy?
You should go through his entire build thread. There are multiple images of his exhaust set-up that you can save to share w/your engine guy. There's also a lot of additional info to be taken advantage of for anyone doing an LS swap.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
scoti thanks for the heads up. I found this valve. It goes in both lines. When you're supplying vacuum, it bypasses the heater core and returns coolant thru the other hose back to the water pump. Guess this is/was a common thing. This one was originally for late 90's Suburban.

Part #15-5533

View attachment 197697
TTT w/this info..... Do you recall the manufacturer? I met a guy @ our local cruise/burger/beer joint tonight w/a clean 79 LS swapped wagon. He was using a shut-off valve & I spoke to him about these but didn't have an image for him to look at. I got his number & told him I'd send him a pic but I bet he'd appreciate a pic, p/n, & manufacturer even more. I saved the image & p/n to my phone; just need the manufacturing source if you remember?

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Long story short, I didn't do my homework and ended up buying a bunch of stuff that wouldn't work for me.
Well well well... it appears streetbu has earned his streetname.

I dub thee....

Lil' Tynan

Go forth and represent. :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Haha, ouch! That cuts deep. Pretty harsh for one mistake.

• Agree

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
TTT w/this info..... Do you recall the manufacturer? I met a guy @ our local cruise/burger/beer joint tonight w/a clean 79 LS swapped wagon. He was using a shut-off valve & I spoke to him about these but didn't have an image for him to look at. I got his number & told him I'd send him a pic but I bet he'd appreciate a pic, p/n, & manufacturer even more. I saved the image & p/n to my phone; just need the manufacturing source if you remember?
It's a GM valve, bought it off Amazon. Part # 15-5533.

GM Genuine Parts 15-5533 Heater Water Shut-Off Valve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C9DDIA/?tag=gbody-20

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Haha, ouch! That cuts deep. Pretty harsh for one mistake.
:ROFLMAO:

True.

I guess the question is how you reacted to being told the parts wouldn't work. Did you get mad and blame everyone but yourself for the purchase and for not telling you that it wouldn't work ahead of time?

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Haha, no. Definitely my fault. I wanted them so I didn't bother paying attention to what I was reading, and that others had already figured out, then just bought them. Oh well.
I figured it would be better for people to see my mistake, and hopefully they won't make the same one themselves.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Finished the rear seat delete kit. Finally....

20220529_195259.jpg

20220529_195319.jpg

20220529_195342.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Wow, that looks great. I like the bars straight to the frame/rear crossmember. I struggled to not put them through the speaker area, but common sense overcame me - I can't get much of anyone to ride in the passenger seat, so who the hell is riding in the back seat? But I didn't do the delete so someone can still ride in the center between those two bars.

Did you put anything around the aluminum rings to keep them from rattling/rubbing on the bars and making noise?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor