Radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadrien

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2020
Gonna get a crate 350 slapped in my 78’ monte pretty soon, I’m gonna need a new radiator could anyone drop a link for a good one please?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have one of these Champions in my 86' Regal cooling a 355 SBC it was an exact fit other than I needed to get larger hoses.
20190902_203059_resized_1.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'll 2nd the Champion radiator. I have the LS swap version in my Cutlass and I've yet to get the coolant above 210° in the dead of summer!

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have one of these rads in my GP and it worked great even in the hot glorious weather. I have 2 fans, a puller set to go on at 200°and a pusher that is a secondary fan and set to go on at 215° and it hardly ever turned on.

Reactions: 1 users

Fishbait17

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2019
I run the same radiator as 565bbchevy, but I run an electric fan total recommend Champion because there reasonably priced

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I have one of these rads in my GP and it worked great even in the hot glorious weather. I have 2 fans, a puller set to go on at 200°and a pusher that is a secondary fan and set to go on at 215° and it hardly ever turned on.

I checked Northern Radiator during some searching today & decided to google some g-body reviews which brought me to this thread. When I looked @ the web-site, there seemed to only be one part number for the smallest to largest v8. Do you happen to have the p/n you used?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I checked Northern Radiator during some searching today & decided to google some g-body reviews which brought me to this thread. When I looked @ the web-site, there seemed to only be one part number for the smallest to largest v8. Do you happen to have the p/n you used?
Don't get the Northern unless the cap is on a slant. I used to have one, and the cap was straight up and hit the hood.
Best bang for the buck is a Champion CC-162.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Don't get the Northern unless the cap is on a slant. I used to have one, and the cap was straight up and hit the hood.
Best bang for the buck is a Champion CC-162.
I looked @ different brands. I like radiators that look like the old school Harrison cores vs. the squared alumin sheet units. I'll look again.

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
I get the aluminum linard global rad from rockauto it has the bosses for a temp sensors, only had to trim the upper rubber saddles and it's been working out great. Oh the cap/filler had to be filed to get this little burr so my cap would fully lock it was only like 3 swipes nothing major

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor