Roll cage in El camino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
It's hard to tell from the pics but that does not look NHRA legal.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I forget where I found that now, but it was legal. It was on some other thread and they were discussing how to run a legal NHRA roll cage without going through the glass. The forum was for an older style El Camino. Just Google 'Elcamino roll cage' and see what comes up.

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
i talked to the local nhra tech here today, he said that red elco with the bars going under the window would be legal, but an x-bar and lower kick bars to the frame would make it a forsure pass at any track.

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
AWESOME!!! Thank you! That should let me run my Fiberglass bed-cover (Pinned down, of course!) I really appreciate all the info, Guys!

Once again, THANKS!

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
isnt that what this site is all about? :D

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
drknow90rs said:
AWESOME!!! Thank you! That should let me run my Fiberglass bed-cover (Pinned down, of course!) I really appreciate all the info, Guys!

Once again, THANKS!

That's what the guy in the pic was doing too. He wanted to be able to hide it under his bed cover.

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
Yeah, I want to keep it as clean as I can from the outside.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
[youtube]i3o1tDloZFI[/youtube]

i can get more on my friends if you want, i kinda just took a quick video, but he has a full roll cage everything welded up, the bar on the driver side bolts in and out... (but everything else is all welded up and boxed, etc.)

roll cage shot at about 31 secs on

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor