Sean's 78 Camaro Z28

Should we leave the wheels grey or paint them body color?

• Leave grey

• Paint blue to match the body car, the way the car was when new

Results are only viewable after voting.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
C'mon Jared geez....final assembly anticipation- pretty sure my nails are gone lol!
Beautiful car...that guy did a great job! I wish i lived closer....i woulda had my cutlass painted and on the road by now :blam:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
She came home on June 7th.....

Camaro comes home from paint 6-7-2017 2.jpg

Camaro comes home from paint 6-7-2017 3.jpg

Camaro comes home from paint 6-7-2017 4.jpg

Camaro comes home from paint 6-7-2017 6.jpg

Camaro comes home from paint 6-7-2017 7.jpg

Home sweet, Camaro bay!

Camaro comes home from paint 6-7-2017 10.jpg

We're really thrilled with how it turned out. We can't thank James enough for turning us on to Justin. This wouldn't have happened had it not been for James and this forum. Sean's been driving the car to work. We've worked on it a little but I'll update that progress later. We have a punch list. They are never done but once the punch list is done, it will be substantially complete. It feels good to have this thread basically caught up. It's been a fair investment of time to cover ten years of work but I'm glad this is out there. Again, I can't thank you guys enough for the positive feedback. It means a great deal. I will update this thread as we make progress. Thanks again for following along.

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
let me be the first to say G.R.E.A.T J.O.B

and I was never a fan of 2nd gens but this one is NICE ! LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Unbelievable and it's better than what came off the showroom floor. I see that you have a front plate in Texas that disturbs the view of the front of the car. We have the same idiotic problem in Ontario

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Looks awesome Jared! You guys did a fantastic job on this car! It certainly looks like you guys found the right guy to lay down a paint job like that!

I've really enjoyed the build on this car...thanks so much for sharing it with us! Can't wait to see some work on your GP

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Jared
Stunning my friend, simply stunning.

I'm glad you guys found a painter worthy of all your time, effort, and hard work over the years. That's never an easy decision.

The colour is fantastic, I especially love that one of the hood out in the sun. Incredible.
I know you commented earlier on having a discussion about painting the wheels to match... Just my opinion, but I wouldn't on that car. The grey nicely contrasts and offsets the blue. It looks killer the way it is, I wouldn't change a thing.

Many congratulations to you and Sean. You guys more than earned it. Now go out and help him drive the wheels off that thing, to help get you fired up on your GP!!

Donovan

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor