Suck N Blow Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Well I do not get to keep the black Super Sniper. They knew it was shipped to me before I Emailed them. Holley said the only way I could keep it is if I buy it. All well right? I realized I do not have much left to do! Changed my oil, and put coolant in. I plumbed my manual boost controller. I put it in my center console.
20180526_103736.jpg
And yes I drilled two holes in a very nice factory console.:) The reason for the boost controller is, so I don't have to keep adjusting my waist gate rod while creeping up on the boost level.

Reactions: 5 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Run it. Let's go. Do it.
This one is for Mike. It runs!!!! Don't have much time today. I set up the Sniper and it started and ran. I will say the tuch screen controller is a finicky little b*tch! I have a lot more tuning to do yet and I have to tidy up my wiring yet. Yaaa!

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This one is for Mike. It runs!!!! Don't have much time today. I set up the Sniper and it started and ran. I will say the tuch screen controller is a finicky little b*tch! I have a lot more tuning to do yet and I have to tidy up my wiring yet. Yaaa!

Funny because I just drove mine. But, let's call it a tie. ;)

Congrats!

2018-05-26 18.18.10.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
It's running, so there should be a burnout video by late Monday-plenty of time....
As much as I want too, that could be a dad idea! These turbo engines are a little finicky with detonation. If I don't have things set right with too much boost, it will go poof! Head gasket or piston. I did play around with it a little today. Only a few minor problems. I can not get the engine to idle down. 700 RPM is as low as it will go. The computer is saying it is idling at 1800 rpm, but sending signal to the factory tach right. My PLX wideband gauge is not displaying right. My home made power steering reservoir is leaking out the breather hole I made. The Holley touch sreen controller is not working right. But all in all I am pretty happy. I built and modified a lot of crap, so if that is the only problems that is pretty good I think. It sounds pretty mean with just the 3inch down pipe.

Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
As much as I want too, that could be a dad idea! These turbo engines are a little finicky with detonation. If I don't have things set right with too much boost, it will go poof! Head gasket or piston. I did play around with it a little today. Only a few minor problems. I can not get the engine to idle down. 700 RPM is as low as it will go. The computer is saying it is idling at 1800 rpm, but sending signal to the factory tach right. My PLX wideband gauge is not displaying right. My home made power steering reservoir is leaking out the breather hole I made. The Holley touch sreen controller is not working right. But all in all I am pretty happy. I built and modified a lot of crap, so if that is the only problems that is pretty good I think. It sounds pretty mean with just the 3inch down pipe.
You are smart not to abuse it just as soon as you get it running.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm just razzing ya. On the tach, MSD needs to be set for 6 cyl (sure you knew that). Are you using the timing control in the Sniper? You have a ton of tuning capability between the 2. What are using to trigger spark?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Minor things... you'll be fine. Keep at 'er.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
The maiden voyage did not go very good. The engine has no power. The transmission would not shift and was slipping. Messed with the timing some more but not much improvement. Transmission oil level was ok. The 350 transmission that I have has a TV style cable. Never seen that before on a turbo 350 trany. The only time it gets tight is at full throttle like a kickdown cable. Transmission worked good before the engine changes. I am also making a few psi of boost going 20mph. Maybe I am putting pressure to the shift actuator and I should not be. Not sure what is going on there? Any ideas? I am going to pick up a timing light tonight from my shop and see were the timing actually is.
I'm just razzing ya. On the tach, MSD needs to be set for 6 cyl (sure you knew that). Are you using the timing control in the Sniper? You have a ton of tuning capability between the 2. What are using to trigger spark?
Sorry, but no burnouts. I have a 6a MSD box. I don't see any way of adjusting or set the number of cylinders. Yes I am controlling the timing with the Sniper.

Reactions: 1 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I would unhook the kick down cable and try it. If it's a th350 then you'll be fine. Is the dipstick and tube original to the trans? If it won't shift, pop off the round cover on rear side of trans. Remove the governor and carb clean it. It just slides out. I had one stick from just sitting a month.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor