Suck N Blow Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The problem is it gets to 80 mph really fast on a 55 mph highway. Overall I am very happy with it so far.

I feel your pain brother (pain - hehe). I find it very hard to watch the display and drive during a street hit.

The moment when you feel your butt move left to right at WOT and your eyes aren't on the road .. hmmm priceless. My adrenaline will be pumping when that happens. Last night I made a hit out of a roll at 40 and then checked the speedo - 92 - didn't realize I was going that fast and it didn't feel it. And it was a Black Lines Matter moment.

What does your timing curve look like?

Be careful and enjoy :)

Reactions: 4 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I feel your pain brother (pain - hehe). I find it very hard to watch the display and drive during a street hit.

The moment when you feel your butt move left to right at WOT and your eyes aren't on the road .. hmmm priceless. My adrenaline will be pumping when that happens. Last night I made a hit out of a roll at 40 and then checked the speedo - 92 - didn't realize I was going that fast and it didn't feel it. And it was a Black Lines Matter moment.

What does your timing curve look like?

Be careful and enjoy :)
I can only imagine what 200 more lbs of torque would be like. When I have more time I will do a couple logs so you guys can pick it apart and help me make it more efficient. Cruise it was at 28°. In boost It was around 19°. 14.5 Afr at cruise. Middle throttle under boost AFR was around 12. Wide open AFR i caught around 10 AFR. As you know this happens very fast and don't take it with a grain of salt. I found that boost pressure and time is a little less predictable now for some reason. I need to get a new puck before I can turn it up. How instant is the boost pressure on your car? Does it lag at all?

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Pretty normal for more boost with the E, it produces more exhaust gas volume. For WOT I would shoot for 11.4-11.6AFR, it will respond well to that. Get the fuel curve sorted out before you mess with timing.

Sounds like fun, E85 is a game changer for anything boosted.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Use lambda goddammit. Judging E85 on the gas scale is just plain dumb.

Do What You Have To Do Nicksplat GIF by Hey Arnold

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Dump at least 4 degrees out of the timing - there is no need to be at 19 degrees at 20 psi. I would work my way up from there.

Mine has lag, but when it hits it's about a second to go from 8psi to 20psi - can you say sledgehammer. I know alot of people have driven cars like that, but it's still an invigorating feeling.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I tweaked on the tune a little the other day. Still needs some work, but I have all summer to make it better. I did take it for a cruise today. About 30 miles. Filled it up with magical corn fuel. I like how it runs on E85. I also like the 17psi of boost. I did get my oversized puck in the mail last week.
20210429_180154.jpg
This will hopefully make my turbo lag better. The puck I have now dosen't always seal the best and I believe that is why the boost fluctuates so much. I would like to see how it reacts after this. Then I am going to turn it up some more.

Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Are you going to port the WG hole to match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor