Third brake light ideas for Wagons/El Caminos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mark,
You're right. Later G-body sedans and coupes used a pedestal mounted 3rd brake light. The question is...would it hang low enough (used upside down) to clear the deflector?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Jack, mine is not very tall. I am thinking the stock G-body pedestal type would be much taller. It would also depend on where you mounted it. I could not find a place in the headliner I was willing to pierce. The trim molding made the most sense and located the light as low as possible.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
As I remember in a Gumball rally movie "What is behind you is of no concern:)"

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yeah, I'm not big on cutting sheet metal unless it's really necessary. Wagon tail gates are kind of hard to find if you botch it. But the right light might be pretty cool. Especially if you could do it to disappear when not lit. Kind of like the '79-'81 TA and Formulas used with the tail lights.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I agree with Mark. I wouldn't cut into the tailgate. Once it's done there's no turning back. Good tailgates have become difficult to find these days.
I'll check the dimensions on my FWD A-body 3rd brake light and report back.

Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
So I found a local guy here in SoCal that does fiberglass filler panels for Regal coupes/GNs, SpoolFool Productions. I inquired with him if he'd be willing to do a custom fiberglass deflector with a CHMSL, or knows of anyone that might be able/interested in doing it. Will update if I hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor