thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burne

dan2286 said:
georgeathtx said:
although some of the things that were mentioned are true...alot of them are out dated...
its funny how guys think that 4 cylinder motors cant make power...
its people like that that get whoped by 450 horsepower 4 cylender nissans, subaru's, evos, etc...
ive seen this happen so manny times when i used to go to the track in los angeles...
im jus sayin...dont underestimate imports

heres a couple of pics of 1000+ horsepower nissans
look em up on you tube(jun super lemon)
lemon2.jpg

Lemon.jpg

Don't those Nissan's have inline six engines? Subaru's aren't 4 bangers either, boxer 6's. Just sayin :mrgreen:

I think most people don't doubt that imports are capable of making power, it's just all of the dumb asses that think there Honda is crazy fast just because of a fart can and intake that give imports a bad name. It doesn't just apply to imports, people think just because their 307 is a V8, it can easily be made fast :lol:
actually subarus are almost exclusively 4 bangers. they are all boxer 4's they make one 6 cyl engine...

malibuSSwagon said:
Guy on my Accord forum has this Accord, he built it himself, around 600whp, turbo'd H22

IMG_1447.jpg

in one unassuming Accord.
IMG_1826.jpg

Now there is a Honda done right

Now that's kind of a cool honda (wait's for a lightning bolt to hit me). I like that it's a sleeper rather than a rice rocket. But damn that would piss me off losing to something that looks like that lol. I can respect any sleeper, since my car is kind of one too.

smallblockFTW said:
dan2286 said:
georgeathtx said:
although some of the things that were mentioned are true...alot of them are out dated...
its funny how guys think that 4 cylinder motors cant make power...
its people like that that get whoped by 450 horsepower 4 cylender nissans, subaru's, evos, etc...
ive seen this happen so manny times when i used to go to the track in los angeles...
im jus sayin...dont underestimate imports

heres a couple of pics of 1000+ horsepower nissans
look em up on you tube(jun super lemon)
lemon2.jpg

Lemon.jpg

Don't those Nissan's have inline six engines? Subaru's aren't 4 bangers either, boxer 6's. Just sayin :mrgreen:

I think most people don't doubt that imports are capable of making power, it's just all of the dumb asses that think there Honda is crazy fast just because of a fart can and intake that give imports a bad name. It doesn't just apply to imports, people think just because their 307 is a V8, it can easily be made fast :lol:
actually subarus are almost exclusively 4 bangers. they are all boxer 4's they make one 6 cyl engine...

yeah subarus either have 2.0 or 2.5 turboed or non turboed 4 banger or a 3.0 6cylinder i should know there are two outside in the driveway

As much as I hate hatchbacks, I'd drive this one.

[youtube]iEOTkIQlQac[/youtube]

I'd definitely love to drive this.

[youtube]_Ru4ybNpJ1g[/youtube]

[youtube]XnChYEfKepU[/youtube]

Qdub24 said:
As much as I hate hatchbacks, I'd drive this one.

[youtube]iEOTkIQlQac[/youtube]

I'd definitely love to drive this.

[youtube]_Ru4ybNpJ1g[/youtube]

[youtube]XnChYEfKepU[/youtube]

holy **** :shock: that thing is stuffed in the subie

Well obviously the "subie" isn't the hatchback, both cool none the less.

I had a co-worker that had a totally customed '01 Jetta VR6 with 18 pounds of boost that put 327hp to the front wheels. I was with him one night when we raced a 98-02 style LS1 SS Camaro on the highway and just annihilated it. I about sh*t myself when pulled away from that Camaro. I am not at all a "TUNER" enthusiast but I do appreciate any passion. I had a friend in the military with me and his NA '02 Si Civic put 230+ to the wheels. The part I don't understand is the amount of money spent to make this type of power from these engines. And after they're built, they don't get any better gas mileage than our carbureted V8 "10,000 lbs" cars.

RITTER said:
Well obviously the "subie" isn't the hatchback, both cool none the less.

I had a co-worker that had a totally customed '01 Jetta VR6 with 18 pounds of boost that put 327hp to the front wheels. I was with him one night when we raced a 98-02 style LS1 SS Camaro on the highway and just annihilated it. I about sh*t myself when pulled away from that Camaro. I am not at all a "TUNER" enthusiast but I do appreciate any passion. I had a friend in the military with me and his NA '02 Si Civic put 230+ to the wheels. The part I don't understand is the amount of money spent to make this type of power from these engines. And after they're built, they don't get any better gas mileage than our carbureted V8 "10,000 lbs" cars.

hes talking about the civic hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor