thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burne

Emission testing is mainly about money...there are some cars out there so poorly maintained they need to be taken off the road but with the new cars and all the sensors and components they have if the check engine lite is not end then the engine according to the onboard computer is operating within specs and there should be no need for a test.....where I live my car is exempt from a test due to it's age

The truck is a '92, it's getting a mild TBI 383 and is on daily driver status.

I thought it was for your G body...if I knew it was for a truck I wouldn't have tried to help ya... :mrgreen:

that'll be nice set up...it's nice to have some power but not so much to go broke paying for gas...

I knew a guy that put cut-out's on his cutlass for racing. He also put bolt hubs just like for his cut-outs behind his cats. After inspection, he would take his cats out and bolt in a custom made pipe just for that purpose (of filling the area between the flanges where the cats used to be). He did have to have a cover plate for his cut-outs even though he had a cable in the car to open them. Of course, after inspection, he took the covers out so he could open them when desired. Just a thought...

Wow, I'm so glad I don't have to worry about hat emissions crap where I live lol.

I'm not going with flanges, just using those clamps, makes things easier... no gaskets, no fighting with the flanges when swapping the pipe/converter out, etc.

I'm debating on going to an EGR intake on the Malibu and putting a pair of cats on for when I bring it out, then I won't need collector's insurance on it.... I'll want to drive it a lot more than what most agencies claim they'd allow.

What happened to the Rice Burner bashing? save your real car talk for the forum get back to making fun of the rice burner here!

My cavalier fits with a few of these things, though it does have more torque than horsepower, i can point out my sticker, i don't think my cone filter doubled my horsepower, torque is definitely more important, i have push rods, all 4 of my rims are identical, i can't fist my exhaust, but i do have a FREAKIN' AWESOME aftermarket shifter knob, adds like, 150hp MAN! lol... no body kit though, or wing.. i'm sad to say that i have failed to be extreme rice 🙁

last night me and my cousin were drivein in his subaru imp. sport back and he decided to throw in a glow shift knob in it( looked pretty cool) and we drove one of his friends home and he instantly wanted the shifter. so we dropped him off and later he was texting my cousin making jokes then we got a text saying " wow that must add what 10. 15 horsepower?" and me and my cousin just lost it laughin so hard it was one of the best ricer jokes i heard in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor