thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burne

So today I roll on over to Oreillys auto parts to pick up some car wash stuff since it was a lovely day outside and long behold I see a pretty decent looking honda civic until you get to the trunk where it look as he took the horizontal stabilizer from a 747 and bolted it to his trunk. of course im in my monte with my butterfly carb scoop sticking through the hood, so he comes up to me and say "Nice car man you have a turbo on it i see" Now for those of us that have 1/2 of penny of sense knows that you see most of the scoops on 671 blowers instead. (i just have a carb scoop no blower) so at this time im thinking that either he's a dumb *ss or he meant to say blower/superchager. well he then put my doubts to rest when he said i probally just have a single turbo set up...So before i even had a chance to tell hime him it just a carb scoop he asked me if i had it dynoed, and how mush horse power i have, Well i didn't have any number for him since i didn't dyno my car yet, then he started to tell me about his Triple Superpower house vtec motor in his car that puts out 477 horses on the dyno natrally aspirated! i said "wow, thats impressive for a 4 banger" then i asked him "how much torque is it putting out?". He then tell me that the dyno only measured his horsepower and he needs to go back to run it for the torque numbers...Now what he didn't know was that I had my car on the dyno, just not with my set up icurrent have in my car, and here in Wichita Falls Tx, there's only one dyno and i had my dyno sheet in the glove box and showed him that in fact both the horse power and torque is all displayed and measure at one time, since he couldn't say sh*t at that point he got in his car and stormed off out of the parking lot...well at this orielly they have a pretty nice size dip in the road well the 747 didn't take off it hit that dip and he tore up his body kit air damn, took a nice size chunk out it, i chuckled to my self and went into the store...moral of the story God doesn't like liars lol, and neither do we. If a ricer is reading this please PLEASE know what the **** you are talking about before you open your mouth.

monte olrac said:
So today I roll on over to Oreillys auto parts to pick up some car wash stuff since it was a lovely day outside and long behold I see a pretty decent looking honda civic until you get to the trunk where it look as he took the horizontal stabilizer from a 747 and bolted it to his trunk. of course im in my monte with my butterfly carb scoop sticking through the hood, so he comes up to me and say "Nice car man you have a turbo on it i see" Now for those of us that have 1/2 of penny of sense knows that you see most of the scoops on 671 blowers instead. (i just have a carb scoop no blower) so at this time im thinking that either he's a dumb *ss or he meant to say blower/superchager. well he then put my doubts to rest when he said i probally just have a single turbo set up...So before i even had a chance to tell hime him it just a carb scoop he asked me if i had it dynoed, and how mush horse power i have, Well i didn't have any number for him since i didn't dyno my car yet, then he started to tell me about his Triple Superpower house vtec motor in his car that puts out 477 horses on the dyno natrally aspirated! i said "wow, thats impressive for a 4 banger" then i asked him "how much torque is it putting out?". He then tell me that the dyno only measured his horsepower and he needs to go back to run it for the torque numbers...Now what he didn't know was that I had my car on the dyno, just not with my set up icurrent have in my car, and here in Wichita Falls Tx, there's only one dyno and i had my dyno sheet in the glove box and showed him that in fact both the horse power and torque is all displayed and measure at one time, since he couldn't say sh*t at that point he got in his car and stormed off out of the parking lot...well at this orielly they have a pretty nice size dip in the road well the 747 didn't take off it hit that dip and he tore up his body kit air damn, took a nice size chunk out it, i chuckled to my self and went into the store...moral of the story God doesn't like liars lol, and neither do we. If a ricer is reading this please PLEASE know what the **** you are talking about before you open your mouth.
Amen brother :rofl:

maybe he missed the decimal point?
he probably thought that with all that power he'd just fly right over the dip, but don't worry, he'll just hit 88mph (probably his top speed) and go back in time to before the dipshit hit the dip.
(really fun would have been trying to explain that HP is a function or torque, not an actual measurement.)

as far as I know dyno's measure the torque and then uses that measurement to calculate the hp

pontiac gp said:
as far as I know dynos measure the torque and then uses that measurement to calculate the hp
I am sure your right ,That Kid has been watching too many of those Saturday morning Gearhead shows. You Know the ones that show you how to do a twenty grand upgrade in your driveway with a screwdriver and a $30 dollar floor jack from Checker Auto, in a weekend :blam: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that was kind of my point

83hurst-olds said:
I don't know why the fk a person would want that big of a wing on a front wheel drive car anyway...

It's so when it breaks down they can use it as a handle, kind of like a shopping cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor