thought this was pretty funny.... bashing all rice burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i just wanna get those vent because it acctually MIGHT reduce the under hood temp just a LILBIT. oh and i forgot to also say i wanted to get the mustang stick on hood scoop. it actually doesnt look half bad on my car, they just want too much money for the damn thing. so im pimpin my car $20 at a time :lol:

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
im having some issues with my "ricer/ghetto" malibu lol, i really want to get the temp under the hood and in the transmission way down. It seems that it doesnt shift right when the cars real hot, and just has NO freakin power. Im gunna do a transmission filter change this week and run some synthetic transmission fluid and see if it helps my hot transmission problem. I think the change in fluid should help a lot, its got 104k on it, and i doubt its ever been changed. :shock:

(the only reason i bought synthetic was because they had $10 b&m trick shift synthetic for sale for 3 bucks a quart! :twisted:)

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
2000.malibu.ls said:
im having some issues with my "ricer/ghetto" malibu lol, i really want to get the temp under the hood and in the transmission way down. It seems that it doesnt shift right when the cars real hot, and just has NO freakin power. Im gunna do a transmission filter change this week and run some synthetic transmission fluid and see if it helps my hot transmission problem. I think the change in fluid should help a lot, its got 104k on it, and i doubt its ever been changed. :shock:

(the only reason i bought synthetic was because they had $10 b&m trick shift synthetic for sale for 3 bucks a quart! :twisted:)
do you have a stock fan? well time to do the intrepid fan swap. or a new radiator, or coolant flush. or just all of the above.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
beermonkey9417 said:
do you have a stock fan? well time to do the intrepid fan swap. or a new radiator, or coolant flush. or just all of the above.

well, I meant to specify, I meant my 2000 malibu, but yeah its all stock. shouldnt need a coolant flush (new intake gaskets 1500 miles ago). might need a new radiator. :? its the original radiator. the motor only has about 40k on it, so its plenty healthy, but the trans worries me because i drive it hard and like the rest of the car has 104k on it.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Get and external cooler. Run the line that goes into the radiator into the cooler. Then from the cooler into the radiator, then back to the trans.
If you get a good cooler that'll help your trans temps big time.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
marcar1993 said:
Get and external cooler. Run the line that goes into the radiator into the cooler. Then from the cooler into the radiator, then back to the trans.
If you get a good cooler that'll help your trans temps big time.

for a 2000 though? one, i dont know where i would buy one. and two, idk where id mount it lol.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
we sell them at Advance auto parts...any parts store should have one and at a decent price... mounting shouldn't be an issue, as they are usually fairlt comapct for what you need, and can usually mount in front of the condensor/radiator, or closeby...

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Yeah you can put them on a 2000. They're universal. Get one and mount it infront of the radiator off to the side so it gets airflow but shouldn't hinder the radiator's performance any.
A decent one is $40-$50. $10 of trans line(make sure it's trans line, not regular rubber hose) and some clamps and you're ready to go.

cadeleonss

n00b
Sep 29, 2009
I think some of you are going to hate me but... who cares? My everyday car is a 2002 Lexus ES300, i got some 20" chrome wheels wiff a double din Touchscreen DVD player...

My weekend car is a 1988 Monte Carlo SS with T-Tops... Its a work in progress so I have no mods done to it yet.. i'm still fixing holes and rust... the body is clean though...

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
why would we hate you for that? it may not me MY tastes, but it's not stupid, dangerous, or completely pointless. and you're not claiming that the stickers added 20hp :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor