Tips for changing intake manifold

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
For most cables it needs a bat
Just tried it. It gave my car power cuz the lights turned on. Wouldn't crank tho. Looks like I'm just going to have to wait for my battery

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Is the battery on the jumper car the battery to the project car?

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
so the battery cranks good now. Still won't start. Tried starter fluid and everything. Am I not getting gas, or does that look like a normal level?
IMG_3676.JPG

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
did you check to see if you are getting spark?...if you are try retarding the timing a bit. Your filter has gas it so the carb should be getting some.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
did you check to see if you are getting spark?...if you are try retarding the timing a bit. Your filter has gas it so the carb should be getting some.
Ok, I'll see if I can do that. Do you need a special tool to check for spark?

Btw, changed that vacuum line haha

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Ok, I'll see if I can do that. Do you need a special tool to check for spark?

Btw, changed that vacuum line haha
No, pull a plug wire off and hold it close to the plug...when you crank you will see an arc of electricity trying to close the circuit. If you see the arc, you are getting spark.

It's quite possible the distributor is off a notch or two...happens all the time when resetting. It can turn just a little more than wanted.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Edit...or pull a wire off the cap and check for an arc there if its easier...don't wanna burn your hand on a manifold or header. Definitely hold the wire and not the plug boot....30K+ volts sting pretty good, take it from experience lol!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Edit...or pull a wire off the cap and check for an arc there if its easier...don't wanna burn your hand on a manifold or header. Definitely hold the wire and not the plug boot....30K+ volts sting pretty good, take it from experience lol!

now why did you have to warn him.....:D

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
now why did you have to warn him.....:D
Welllll Steve, one of those blips in concentration years back....gotta nice little jolt :eek:!! Woke me the hell up that's for sure lol!

I did have one of my best friends complete the circuit on a faulty blaster coil once, shocked the crap outta him. We laugh about that one all the time.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor