Tips for changing intake manifold

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
Won't start. Does this sound like timing? It usually makes that 'turning over' sound a lot faster. It usually only sounds like this if it's freezing out or something.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
A vacuum leak can cause a quadrajet to run poor so I don't get why you go to all that work and leave this, which I have already pointed out to you.

View attachment 63113
I'll see if I have any of those size hoses lying around. If not, I'll have to run to the auto parts store again. Trying to get it to start first

Reactions: 1 user

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
this must be a trick question, that is a dead battery
It is? I had that thing charging for an hour and a half. Does this look like a good setting to charge a fully dead battery on (except make that 60 minutes on the right to 90 minutes)?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It is? I had that thing charging for an hour and a half. Does this look like a good setting to charge a fully dead battery on (except make that 60 minutes on the right to 90 minutes)?

a dead battery should be charged with an intelligent charger and it won't be charged in 1.5 hours. If a battery is completely dead the polarity could switch and that is why you need a good charger to charge it. I have a Ctek 7002 and it's slow but a great charger

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
a dead battery should be charged with an intelligent charger and it won't be charged in 1.5 hours
Thanks.

I only have one battery charger lying around. Does this setting look good?
IMG_3674.JPG

Maybe while that battery is charging I'll go look for a new hose for that carb

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Mebbe try jump starting? And did you prime the carb?

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
Mebbe try jump starting? And did you prime the carb?
Not sure what priming the carb means. And can I jump start my car with another car even if my car has no battery in it? Just attach the jumpers to my positive and negative cables in my car?

Man, figures that of this entire job, the battery is what's tripping me up haha

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor