Water in cylinders, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I think they went to the black in 1982 but don't quote me on that.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I think they went to the black in 1982 but don't quote me on that.
You're close.

The changeover was due to the volume of warranty claims for minor oil leaks that people were bringing in to complain about on their new cars.

Corporate policy was hey, if we paint them black, the minor weeping won't be visible as easily to the casual customer as the bright blue. Instant decline in complaints / claims.

Generally during the 1983 calendar year the changes were happening at the engine plants, so the story goes.

Reactions: 2 users

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
Is it running yet?
Ha! I'm glad you asked! Nope.

Based on my very recent findings, the little LG4 has become uneconomical to repair.
It has fuel, healthy spark, and a fresh mini starter, But it doesn't even try to fire off.
So I popped off a valve cover to see if perhaps the valves were stuck. While cranking I noticed that all the rockers would barely move.

Which tells me.. Flat cam!
Do you agree?

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018

Based on my very recent findings, the little LG4 has become uneconomical to repair.
It has fuel, healthy spark, and a fresh mini starter, But it doesn't even try to fire off.
So I popped off a valve cover to see if perhaps the valves were stuck. While cranking I noticed that all the rockers would barely move.

Do you agree?
Or the valves are stuck in the guides

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

Do you agree?

Are you sure it's not the lame stock cam?

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor