what are the best lowering springs for a 1985 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I can't honestly say what's 'the best', but the Eibach lowering springs are a proven commodity.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
hotchkis on my car. no road time but look nice. they are expensive though.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I had Eibachs, two fronts the coil started to split, took about 2 inched of each coil to remove the split then after about a year that one spring broke and the other side was sagging a bit. I'm changing out to Moog springs for 1/2 the price. I'm going to see if Eibach honors their million mile warranty

the Eibachs did work well and the car's stance was nice with them before the problems

1985cutlasssupreme

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2011
Bay Area , Ca
pontiacgp said:
I had Eibachs, two fronts the coil started to split, took about 2 inched of each coil to remove the split then after about a year that one spring broke and the other side was sagging a bit. I'm changing out to Moog springs for 1/2 the price. I'm going to see if Eibach honors their million mile warranty

the Eibachs did work well and the car's stance was nice with them before the problems
do you have pictures of the stance of the car wit the eibachs?

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
I don't know what the best springs for lowering are, but in the past moog was the brand of choice for quality suspension parts. When I drop my car I will be using moog springs. As well as a drop spindels.If you do a web search you will be able to find the spring rates of all the moog springs that fit a G body.Don't buy into the marketing and gloss paint that comes on a lot of products today.
Good luck

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
i would really suggest drop spindles over drop springs. they are only like $50 more than springs and you wont mess up your camber. i have beltech drop spindles on my car and they are great. not too hard to install either and it rides great.

1985cutlasssupreme

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2011
Bay Area , Ca
1979ratrod said:
i would really suggest drop spindles over drop springs. they are only like $50 more than springs and you wont mess up your camber. i have beltech drop spindles on my car and they are great. not too hard to install either and it rides great.
and where can i get those?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
1985cutlasssupreme said:
pontiacgp said:

do you have pictures of the stance of the car wit the eibachs?

this is what it looked like with the Eibachs, in the front I have tall lower ball joints which lower it another 1/2"

file.php

file.php

gharris79

Apprentice
Sep 21, 2011
Miramichi NB Canada
this is what it looked like with the Eibachs, in the front I have tall lower ball joints which lower it another 1/2"

file.php

file.php
[/quote]

I'm wondering about lowering mine too. That's the stance i'm looking to get with my 87 Cutlass. What size rims/tires are you running as I want to change out my stock 14 x 6's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor