What did you buy for your G body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a gen 4 truck intake...
I'm tired of dealing with these carb problems or possibility MSD problems. I've decided to just bite the bullet and make this thing EFI like its supposed to be.
Now I need to explain to the wife why our Trump Check is about to disappear...
Heard that, trying to figure out how to break it to the wife that I need to stimulate Eaton Corp and get a limited slip ordered lol.

I bought a gen 4 truck intake...
I'm tired of dealing with these carb problems or possibility MSD problems. I've decided to just bite the bullet and make this thing EFI like its supposed to be.
Now I need to explain to the wife why our Trump Check is about to disappear...
Putting a carb on a 20 yr old motor invites problems when it was designed for injection ((precision metering)

Reactions: pontiacgp
please suggest me a place to buy a replacement body as i am desperately looking for me

giphy.gif

Putting a carb on a 20 yr old motor invites problems when it was designed for injection ((precision metering)
Absolutely, I never understood people that would put a carb on an LS swap. The Cutlass already had a stock 5.3 with the carb when I got it. I drove the car 3 times and it never ran right. I took it apart, put new heads, cam, lifters ,chain, pump. I've tried 2 carbs and I still have the same problem. It's very inconsistent. Some times it idles crisp and clean, revs nice. others it wont even start. bogs under load. I've gone through both carbs twice. Some times it misfires. Which makes think it may be the MSD box. I'd hate to spend another $500+ on a Carb for the box to be my problem and the have to get another box and still be upset with a having a carb.

Reactions: Injectedcutty
Went to adjust the ol’ rearview mirror and she snapped right off the glass! The morning hike was postponed by a quick stop to autozone

I actually talked to my mech this morning in the parking lot, and tried to spend some money on it ( if that counts ). Asked if he wanted to do the AC in the Monte ( since he said he was so so slow and had to lay off his 2x apprentices ). Said he was unable to fix my AC as he is only allowed to work on " essential service " vehicles. I figured "grey area "... all he would have to say is it's my backup for my DD on its last legs but I guess not.

Yesterday, miscellaneous parts store stuff.
20200416_143334.jpg

Brown box is a power piston spring kit and carb rebuild kit from quadrajetparts.com

I actually talked to my mech this morning in the parking lot, and tried to spend some money on it ( if that counts ). Asked if he wanted to do the AC in the Monte ( since he said he was so so slow and had to lay off his 2x apprentices ). Said he was unable to fix my AC as he is only allowed to work on " essential service " vehicles. I figured "grey area "... all he would have to say is it's my backup for my DD on its last legs but I guess not.
that sounds like b.s to me.

Heard that, trying to figure out how to break it to the wife that I need to stimulate Eaton Corp and get a limited slip ordered lol.
Why is it so hard to tell them we want to spend the money we work so hard for?

Bout a week ago, body bushings/bolts, trunk stops, window guide felts n door seals from Mike's Montes.

Reactions: axisg and dr78442
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor