What did you buy for your G body today? [2023]

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I received a very nice N.O.S. Oldsmobile emblem for the trunk of my '78 Cutlass, Gina, and I didn't even have to purchase it. The emblem was a gift from a distinguished member of the forum, the one and only 69hurstolds, a.k.a. Mr. Rothe. A gift that I was given for no reason other than human kindness.

This piece and the box it resides in have survived for many years in perfectly pristine condition, and that's only possible when in the hands of a car aficionado such as Mr. Rothe. It's also a special kind of person that would gift such an item to a complete stranger as well as pay the shipping costs to do so, and that's not wasted on me.
IMG_20231106_171144801.jpg IMG_20231106_171252732.jpg

It may be a while before this emblem actually makes it onto the trunk, but I can assure you all that it won't be lost or damaged in that time- I tend to hang onto things I like. I was completely taken aback by the gesture and continue to be impressed with the caliber of people on this forum.

Thank you all for making me feel welcome in a world that's brand new to me in more ways than one. I abandoned my old life and struggle to start a new one, but I feel as if I'm finally surrounded by people that honestly care and understand a part of me that nobody else seems to. I truly do value this gift and the wealth of information that Mr. Rothe and others have provided me. Again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Acts of kindness are rare these days, and others certainly deserve them more than I.

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Staggered 20" Foose wheels for $100 I planned on restoring but the fronts won't fit the hubs and the rears have too much backspacing

Attachments

• 20231105_171457.jpg
    20231105_171457.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: 2 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
the fronts won't fit the hubs and the rears have too much backspacing
I know how ya feel- my Grand Am wheels are the same way. To go a step further, my hub-centric wheel spacers won't fit the front either. Guess this means we both have to run spacers in the rear and buy new spindles. Time to buy more stuff!

Reactions: 1 user

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
I know how ya feel- my Grand Am wheels are the same way. To go a step further, my hub-centric wheel spacers won't fit the front either. Guess this means we both have to run spacers in the rear and buy new spindles. Time to buy more stuff!

I used to keep a set of spacers on hand for rim swaps but not worth the hassle to me anymore. They're already back for sale and I have a buddy with a s10 who bought my other elco who might use them. It was a sign that I was supposed to be happy with my staggered rallys that we redid. In the future I might put some 3 piece wheels together that'll fit or end up swapping the front rotors and narrowing the rear.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yet again I found another pair of '81-'82 Vette power mirrors. Complete but the harnesses were cut at the mirror base but I'm looking at making my own. So now I'll good set to install & a set to have parts to send out for 3D printing.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Took advantage of some time today & raided the one Cutlass at Millerstown to pull the uncut front & rear speaker harnesses, the rear speakers with retaining brackets, rear shelf, a good pair of later style washer squirters & a few small odds & ends. Then pulled from two ODS utilites another pair of inside auto tint mirrors with temp & compass. Most of this was for Jr,'s car but some of the smalls were for mine. Now I'm thinking I'll need some Grand Prix rear speaker grills for the rear shelf as I'd like to recover it's original gray carpet with camel tan vinyl so those could cover/hide the trimming for the speaker opennings. Still on the hunt for atleast the bulb holder/inner guts of the third brake light.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I heard a sound coming from the right rear area and found that the lower bushing came out of the shock so I ordered a pair of Bilstein AK series shocks for the rear. (Fronts to follow)
1699705960063.jpeg

I also have a small leak at the thermostat area so a new Stant Superstat thermostat with Felpro “Oring gasket” is in the way.

Reactions: 7 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Early Bday/Xmas to myself.
FTI Billet triple disk 3200stall converter.
A whole ICT billet accessory kit.
Summit Balancer.
Billet yoke for the 4L80e
Dipstick for 4L80e
And a few gaskets and stuff.
Now I need to install all this before December…
I’ll post some more pics later.

Attachments

• IMG_3664.jpeg
    IMG_3664.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • Winner
Reactions: 9 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor