What did you buy for your G body today? [2023]

Made a trip to the Marsh Auto Salvage u-pull yard. Pittsburghers, who's been there? There's probably a half dozen G-bodies there, all rough & picked over. Still some small stuff left. I pulled the instrument cluster wiring out of a GP, with the tach wire fully intact, & this gives me everything I need for my gauge swap & the changes I want to make. And I got another GP air dam, not as nice as the one I got a few weeks ago, but still decent. Plus a few other small odds & ends.

View attachment 228898

View attachment 228899

View attachment 228900

View attachment 228901

View attachment 228902

View attachment 228903
wish i was there i can use the windshield out of the cutlass

Made a trip to the Marsh Auto Salvage u-pull yard. Pittsburghers, who's been there? There's probably a half dozen G-bodies there, all rough & picked over. Still some small stuff left. I pulled the instrument cluster wiring out of a GP, with the tach wire fully intact, & this gives me everything I need for my gauge swap & the changes I want to make. And I got another GP air dam, not as nice as the one I got a few weeks ago, but still decent. Plus a few other small odds & ends.

View attachment 228898

View attachment 228899

View attachment 228900

View attachment 228901

View attachment 228902

View attachment 228903
I think Marsh is who I got my L33 off of

Heading out to the salvage yard today. I was there a couple of weeks ago and there was one Gbody- 78-80 4door Malibu.
0BAA7E77-AAF2-44EB-BDA5-7B39E1305498.jpeg

If anybody has specific needs I can take a look. Evansville, IN

Ordered up the oil pressure switch for my ElCamino. Trying hard to get the gauge dash in this year. The fun part is trying to save a couple dollars as in the end of January they’ll be closing work down permanently and have to get a new job. The “Green Meanies” as I call them, are all giddy they put almost 200 people out of work. Close to 1000 in the U.S. and more worldwide. The DB’s.

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
Heading out to the salvage yard today.......Evansville, IN
I'm curious how much they want for the fenders but can't pay $500 for shipping. The yards here don't get many of these old cars anymore, and a couple of the better ones closed- take everything you can.

Reactions: Ugly1
At the junkyard last week, I peeked into a 79 Bonneville that for some reason I had never looked into, and saw this blue steering wheel. It's my favorite style, but the wrong color - but I couldn't leave it there & I went & got it today along with some electrical goodies. It's in pretty good shape. & maybe this is common knowledge & only I didn't know, but the horn pads interchange! My steering wheel is on the left & the second pic shows the horn pads swapped.

s2.jpg

s1.jpg

Reactions: 85ss/85gn and Ugly1

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor