What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started it up and drove it down the road to another neighborhood (no tags) to check out my shifter linkage and timing.

I looked at the dent in my hood and made the final decision to paint it satin black until I come across a rust and ding-free replacement.

moar buff'n
2012-04-04185456.jpg

Replaced the power steering pump in hopes to eliminate the rattle I had (original one had a chuck to it). Didn't work, rattle still there, pulled belt off, rattle still there. So jacked it up, and listened to the bottom end, via screwdriver stethescope :rofl: , only to find all was silent down below. After shutting the car down, I found that my crank pulley had loosened up, creating my rattle :blam: , I used too long of bolt, little shorter bolt, some lock washers for good faith and all is silent 8) . For future note, a 2011 Silverado power steering pump w/ resevior fits perfectly in the olds bracketry :lol: , minor tweaking to get the return line hooked back up. Go figure, almost 35 years later (engine and bracketry circa 77) and gm still uses the same pump, I guess they can't screw everything up :lol: .

tried to put the header on the pass side after i wrapped it and realized its hitting the frame either i cut the frame with the fuel line inside or i dent the header....think im gunna dent the header :idea:

Ordered new carpet for my car and put my new wheels I got at the swap meet on. I think shes lookin pretty good! 🙂

Attachments

• 2012-04-04 18.13.16.jpg
    2012-04-04 18.13.16.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 611
Took it out 4 a spin 2 my dads, came back home and parked in garage. Glad I did because a storm came rolling through including hail. Nothing 2 ambitious 2day. Kids r home on spring break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor