What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
removed the bushings out the ford rear, so i can have it sand blasted and powder coated, i dont like how the chassis saver came out, didnt prepped the rear as good as i should have

[youtube]Ab5s5Zrt88g&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

I started removing what I need to install a roller cam and I needed to get the measurement for the retainer. Next step is to change the valve springs. For times like this it's nice that the engine was kept clean and I used anti seize on all the bolts when I assembled the engine.

Washed the car after 6yrs of dust and dirt piled up on it sittin in the garage. Shes old, dull, and scratched...but she still looks good from 20ft...lol

cutlass2012.jpg

bill said:
Washed the car after 6yrs of dust and dirt piled up on it sittin in the garage. Shes old, dull, and scratched...but she still looks good from 20ft...lol
This is the first time I have seen your car. Looking good!

-83MONTESS- said:
bill said:
This is the first time I have seen your car. Looking good!
Thanks...felt good to get her out on the road a bit too....I had an old pic of her before the swap in my profile for a while, but it was too big...so I removed it. I almost forgot how much fun washing a car with chrome and white letter tires is....lol. Brings me back to the days when all Id do was wash/armorall my car 3 times a week and twice on the weekends... :lol:

Yesterday, I started the Lokar shifter and Accel ignition box installation.

Today, the brother-in-law and I discussed plans on the "shed".....the 900-1000 sq ft. shed behind the house...replacing the roof and reframing, in the hopes of having a viable paint/body workspace, and/or installing a lift later on.

did pads, rotors, bearings and cleaned and painted some stuff. still waiting for my rims

spotted a potential future project. 1 owner car... freshly rebuilt 350 trans, original 307, brougham so its fully optioned.. needs new paint tho
IMG_20120407_150346.jpg

also cleaned up mine a little bit and had my front tire put on
yard.jpg

bill said:

Man I wish I had a 20 ft G-body, mine is a 30ft, took her out for the first shakedown run of the spring to work out the new fuel system and give the neighbors some taste of what's to come in the summer (2,5 true dual exhaust with Flowmasters). It's still only 1 degree Celsius in my part of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor