What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
i got plates for the cutlass. after dinner with the misses tomorrow, new battery then loppin off the carb......

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Put the starter in and wired it up. Bought some NGK TR55 spark plugs and while putting the passenger side header in also put those in. Painted the coil brackets gloss black and finished running the trans cooler lines to the trans. Started finishing my fuel lines to the fuel rail but need just 1 more 90° fitting to complete it :? . I forgot to bolt the flexplate to the torque converter while I had the starter out, so I'm thinking unless I can get the bolts in through the rear main inspection hole, the header and starter progress was a wash today. :(

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
79loserbluebu said:
Put the starter in and wired it up. Bought some NGK TR55 spark plugs and while putting the passenger side header in also put those in. Painted the coil brackets gloss black and finished running the trans cooler lines to the trans. Started finishing my fuel lines to the fuel rail but need just 1 more 90° fitting to complete it :? . I forgot to bolt the flexplate to the torque converter while I had the starter out, so I'm thinking unless I can get the bolts in through the rear main inspection hole, the header and starter progress was a wash today. :(

arent ngk plugs meant for honda?

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
That's probably what they come with but they are pretty popular with the LS1 crowd

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
79loserbluebu said:
That's probably what they come with but they are pretty popular with the LS1 crowd

that explains it. im in the dark about the newer l series

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Let's see....had about 8 Coronas in the garage, got pissed off about mysteriously missing tools that I needed, took off the old 605 steering box, prepped for tomorrow's pressure wash of the frame before the KBS coating begins. Got my Prothane body mounts and energy suspension ctrl arm bushings today too. :mrgreen:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I didnt do anything to my SS but I did buy an 86 Monte LS for parts for $300! :banana: Car is complete but interior is trash and I might be getting myself an 85 GP also for parts!

82gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2010
In the process of rebuilding my steering box, combining the internals of a f body quick ratio to the housing of my gbody box. Had to use what i had you can't find monte ss boxes in the junkyard around here and i don't have the money for a new one right now.

lightemup2

Master Mechanic
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
im at work and i just got done preping and painting my valve covers :D

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
in a matter of hours, ill be putting a battery in the cutlass and firing her up. its goin to feel great hearin her run. its been a shitty week so this should ease it a lil

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor