What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
took pics of it :D . check on my posi trac.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
-83MONTESS- said:
I didnt do anything to my SS but I did buy an 86 Monte LS for parts for $300! :banana: Car is complete but interior is trash and I might be getting myself an 85 GP also for parts!

looking for a console for my GP if you get the parts car... :mrgreen: and a few other parts.... OH and AGAIN didn't do a damn thing to my GP but buy a 4l60E for my LS1 swap, and do lots and lots of research to keep it smog legal. :roll:

496kid

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
taylor,pa
started stripping my 87'ss for parts for my other monte's.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
85GPLef41 said:
-83MONTESS- said:
I didnt do anything to my SS but I did buy an 86 Monte LS for parts for $300! :banana: Car is complete but interior is trash and I might be getting myself an 85 GP also for parts!

looking for a console for my GP if you get the parts car... :mrgreen: and a few other parts.... OH and AGAIN didn't do a damn thing to my GP but buy a 4l60E for my LS1 swap, and do lots and lots of research to keep it smog legal. :roll:
The GP has a bench so no console :( Unfortunatly the interiors in both cars are ripped apart. I also pretty much ripped the GP in half with the big old CAT loader. Needless to say its rotted and full of bondo.

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
I put this together
Pretty nifty little security system along with my other unmentionable ones.
It's a grant no wheel no steal kit basically you just put the key in turn it pop the wheel off and put it somewhere and put the locking cap on.
I also stained the wooden stealing wheel to match my interior wood grain color also going to pick up some paint tomorrow to paint the locking mechanism on the column to match the interior.
Got my olds horn button on it's way too.

(don't mind the picture on my girlfiend on the dashboard lol)

cef78cbe.jpg

5899874e.jpg

198d7a0d.jpg

acd730f4.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
^^^I gotta ask, how much did it run you to get that wheel kit?

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
If I remember correctly I think I paid somewhere around $100 - $150.
I can't remember if I got it from eBay or summit racing but grant has it listed for $213 on there site.
It's the price you pay for piece of mind lol.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
supkylesup said:
It's the price you pay for piece of mind lol.
Yea thats why I asked lol! I just got a house about 2 blocks from where it gets "bad" in Lima. Makes me wanna put the monte in storage :cry:

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
I understand whatcha mean I don't live in the greatest neighbor hood either.
But with 1 two car garage (the work shop) and one one car garage below my bedroom (my cutlass's bedroom)
I'm not too worried just when I go out I don't feel too safe parking y car for long periods of time.
But now I can just take my steering wheel with my where ever I go lol
I just wish it fit into my pocket.

trevorjm

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2011
supkylesup said:
I put this together
Pretty nifty little security system along with my other unmentionable ones.
It's a grant no wheel no steal kit basically you just put the key in turn it pop the wheel off and put it somewhere and put the locking cap on.
I also stained the wooden stealing wheel to match my interior wood grain color also going to pick up some paint tomorrow to paint the locking mechanism on the column to match the interior.
Got my olds horn button on it's way too.

(don't mind the picture on my girlfiend on the dashboard lol)

]
That wheel goes really nice with the dashboard, and it's pretty useful. I like that thing a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor