What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Ordered energy suspension front control arm bushings and prothane body mounts. Tomorrow's my last day of work and then it's vacation for 2 weeks!! Lots o' car $hit to do!

jaybyrd

n00b
Jun 1, 2011
Well, i've been having some issues with the rochester 4bbl i have on my 3.8L. Have been messing with the settings on the carb aswell as loosing and correcting the alignment of the distributor. Made her run better, but was still popin pretty hard under 3/4-wot. She would get better as she heated, but never great. Anyway, was coming home from work today and as i came around a curb in this aparment complex, i heard a firm Pop! Crazy as hell, but as soon as it did this, the motor was back to its former self. Has all the *ss my little 6 needs, just like she used to! Great day :D

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
got my thrust washers for my 8.2 eaton posi today....the parts weight a few ounces and come in a GM 2 x3" bag and fit in a regular envelop with room to spare. Since our mail was on strike last week when I ordered them I had to get them shipped by courier and it cost me for parts and shipping $84 and change.. :cry:

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
TRIED to change my oil, drained it......went to pull off the filter.....dumbass ignorant previous owner decided to put the filter in kinda crooked...so that b*tch is stuck in there....and now i have a car with no oil in it, and a stuck oil filter. and it is my daily driver. pretty pissed. not to mention he put something on the threads of the oil drain bolt....so while busting that loose i managed to make a nice set of gashes on my elbow..haha. :evil:

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
Well It's not the G Body but I did get energetic and jack the A Body up in hopes of getting even more energetic in the next few days and pulling the transmission out.

Olds1.jpg

Olds.jpg

crazydavez28

Apprentice
Jun 26, 2011
KS
Took it down to Walmart to get some new rubber put on the rears. The old tires had lumps that stuck up bout 1" from the tread surface... guy who sold it to me couldn't figure out why it shook so bad lol. It was pretty interesting to have a elky that felt like it was 'swimming' at 10mph.

Rides smooth now. Time for an LSD cuz I think my spiders are bout shot.

496kid

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
taylor,pa
just got my 87'monte ss home and what a rust bucket it is.good thing is it has all the parts for my other monte ss.

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
replace air filter

trevorjm

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2011
I tested the air conditioner and found out when it's set to the coldest and the fan is on max the coldest it gets is 64.7 degrees...probably time to recharge it again even though i did it last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor