What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ordered my 750 street demon carb, black powered coated 14 inch air cleaner, street demons throttle and kick down bracket last friday. I knew today was the big day so I stopped at the auto parts store for some clamps, fuel line and a wix see thru fuel fitler. After taking my daughter to the park for awhile we went home to my umi sway bars, eibach lowering kit and my new carb setup. When my son got home from school he cleaned up in the lab some and at 12yrs old he did a great job taking off the old holley 650bp and on went the street demon. Installation went off great since everything I needed came in the kit except the new lines, filter and clamps. Plus I knew enough to buy a better air cleaner. After bolting it down, hooking everything up and priming the carb. I let my son start the car. She started instantly and settled into a idle! !!! wth??? Yes outta the box start up. I set the idle and we went for a ride. Um I should say I cant nor never liked holley carbs so reading about the street demon and understanding how to tune it before I spent the cash helped. I cant believe how nice she runs now and idles. Wow. If you are on the line a out buying a new carb I suggest buying one to cure whatever issues you are having. I chose the 750 after talkin to the s.d. rep and for a stock to mild a 625 is all you need but if you have a motor like mine buy the 750. If you Google the street demon carb you will find plenty of people like me who are happy with the s.d. Now the hard part is the suspension being done. I am very glad I did the carb and even more proud my 12yr old son did such a wonderful job. Thanks bud

Last edited:
More re assembly of the cam swap. Only a few last minute details & I should be able to bark it up tomorrow.
Pics look like I'm going backwards from last post, last time I sat all the parts on after installing the intake to see what it would look like.

IMG_1487.JPG

Finally got it running & broke in the cam today. Sounds good, have to change the oil & put a tune in it. Then I'll try to post a sound bite.

Reactions: drogg1
Have to say Borgeson is a great company to deal with. They respond to emails very quickly and 3 times today so I could get the part number for the steering knuckle I need for the Delphi 600 box. I didn't order the box from them so it wasn't like I was a customer. Got the part ordered from a local supplier and picked up the adapter for the power steering pump to use SS lines

I received my rear diff bushingst today , hopin the rear control arms and shocks will show tomorrow. I think tomorrow I wil make a bushing removal/iinstallation tool. Perks of having my own machine shop. My son cleaned the garage up some so we can tackle the front end work once everything is here. The rear stuff I will have done at my buddies shop since he has a lift. I am hoping the control arms and rear diff bushings will not be a big deal. I am really excited about getting everything done so I can get my new 17x8s on and new tires picked out plus the alignment. After all this I will start planning and saving for my next project with my cutty ....... overdrive trans!! Tossing around 200r4 versus 700r4.... what say the hive?? Anyone?

Changed the cam break in oil, changed the plugs, set timing to 6 degrees for now, set idle mixtures (non- feedback q- jet). Running lean at idle, slight surging, still have some carb work to do.

Replaced all 4 headlights on my SS. What a PITA The old front cover droops over time and covers all the top screws. Was the original headlights and 28yo screws, untouched. Whew..........PITA

Did some more carb work today, doubled up the air horn gasket as the air horn is pretty warped. Resolved the vacuum leak. Running much better! Still slightly lean at idle, going to try to go up 1 size on the main jet- is a #72 now. Trying to find a local source (Toronto, Canada) for q- jet parts. Can't get a decent sound bite as the alt. bearing is screaming- picked up a reman alt. today. Should resolve my charging issues. Will try to post a sound bite after I install the alt.
IMG_1503.JPG

Reactions: drogg1
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor