What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a competition today between two car covers in the 40mph gusty winds of New Mexico. The $38 Costco premium cover with front and rear straps was the clear winner over the $20 Walmart 'Budge' model (brand new) with a single rope under the transmission.

For entertainment, at one point, there were big fat flurries of snow...

Didnt "do" anything today, but my Ebay "custom brushed seude dash cover" came today and Im pretty happy with the way it looks. My dash is perfect as of now and Id like to keep it that way for as long as possible. But I didnt want to throw one of those carpet type covers so I figured Id try this.
Ill report back about how it fits and stuff after I get the car back from the paint shop.

Oil change, rear diff service with new LPW girdled cover, installed new G-force crossmember, and started installation of my Painless lock-up kit.

Changed my oil yesterday, washed it again and waxed it. Then today I cruised it for a while. When I got home I left the key on to run the fan and got side tracked, ruined the coil.It was an easy $50 fix but now I need to get an oil pressure switch so this doesn't happen again.

Got rid of my noisy, non- functioning alternator. Almost done with the engine- a few minor things left- run new vacuum hoses, repair some wiring. Charging properly & quiet to boot.😀

Well everything's is in
umi sway bars for front and rear
umi rear poly diff bushings
kyb gas a just shocks
eibach lowering pro kit
Massive speed systems rear control arms
Speed demon 750 carb, but thats on and tuned

so Monday I will take the trip to Spohn's performance to pick up my tubular a arms for the front and the steering rebuild kit. Plus some other small stuff. And once thats done I can buy my tires and get her ready for the gm nats. Oh we did get my man cave livable for the 1st time in 5 yrs of living here. Now I can watch the speed channel while I work on my chopper.

I just finished removing a key on my input shaft on my steering box. I could not find a steering knuckle 11/16" 36 spline with a 1" DD that had a key way in it and Borgeson does not put any keys on any of the input splines. So I took my dremel and ground off the key so my knuckle now fits. The fittings for the pump to use SS hoses should be in tomorrow so I can install my Delphi 600 box this week....🙂

picked up my steering pump fittings and ordered an air bag kit for the back so when I have the trunk loaded up to go camping I can level the car out. Here's what the low Canadian dollar does to our wallets up here, at Summit the kit is $102, at Jegs $89, here in Ontario that kit is $135. 🙁

Last edited:
it's been a good week...
2m85uh2.jpg

28w09qe.jpg

2eounps.jpg

Pulled the carb (Q-Jet), reworked the idle circuit to correct an extreme lean idle condition since I replaced the cam. Had to turn the mixture screws out 7 turns (!!) (somehow the screws didn't fall out lol) & it still was lean- 14" of vacuum. Now screws are at 3 1/2 turns out, 16" of vacuum, no longer too lean, nice smooth idle- a little too smooth, sounds too stock lol. Also richened up the mains, went from a 72 to a 74. Running sweet, happy with the results. Now can move on to undercar work in preparation for safety. Tried to upload a sound bite but it's the wrong format. Anyone know what format we use for video?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2nd82H/O
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor