What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as much as I wanted, went to remove the Z box to put in the Delphi 600 box but some dummy forgot the keys to the GP. I got the pitman arm off and the bolts for the box lessened up and that's about it....next time I'll bring someone along so you'll have a harder time figuring out who the dummy is..:doh:

• Useful
Reactions: kyleBblazercrazy
got the Delphi 600 box and the new Astro shaft with the Borgeson knuckle installed tonite. Didn't have enough power steering fluid to try it out but even with the engine off it was easier to turn the wheel to paint the shaft with clear engine paint.

box.jpg

Filled the ps pump and bled the system. The pressure from the pump is too low for the box so I'll have to take the pressure control valve out of the pump and remove the shims to increase the pressure and drill to open the outlet restriction for more flow.....😵

Last edited:
Finally sent the car off for safety inspection today. Maybe I can actually drive it soon!

Took the pressure control valve out of the ps pump and just left one shim so the pressure should be around 1200. It is alot better and I might take out the last shim which will give another 100 lbs of pressure. The Dephi 600 box is better than I expected, there is zero play at center and it feels just like a rack an pinion. The servo they use is so much better than the recirculating balls in a Saginaw box. It's an expensive box but there is nothing like it. I'm glad I'm back to a Quadrajet, I have to admit I did a nice job on this carb and have to tip my hat to Mark for the tips he's posted about the Q'jet...

Last edited:
Reactions: drogg1
I ordered the yellow EBC pads for the 2nd gen camaro set up I have, ouch. Thanks to the low Canadian dollar it's $120. I have been using the green EBC pads but they have changed the compound and the green ones will fade on a high speed stop so I have spend a few more $$$ but $120 is alot cheaper than body work

• Agree
Reactions: Flyers9928
Today I received my upper and lower rear control arms in the mail. I plan on painting them this weekend. Also I may be trading my wagon for a cutlass so I'm holding off on the install

For the 2nd night now I have started to put my AC stuff back on the car and it's started to rain. I bought a new orifice tube and o-ring set but cant decide if I should replace the drier while I am at it because the old orifice tube I pulled out was a little more gunky that I thought it should look. I have parts from 2 complete "working when I pulled them" AC cars as a parts source but leaning towards buying new stuff for peace of mind.
I must be getting old because I am excited to have working AC in a Gbody. Even thought I have owned 5 of them now not one single system actually worked for more than a couple weeks LOL

I picked up my computer from the tuner's.
Now I have to install my harness, battery, ànd radiator 2 see if it will fire up. Plan on completing the fuel system install this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor