What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I got my trunk lid put back on and most of the trunk trim. Wiped her down and checked over. Went on a 40 mile cruise. My ac would not work, and it was 97 out side. Moved my car back to my house so I can start driving it and working on it. Found my ac problem. Heater valve is moving right but not shutting off the water flow. Pinched off the heater hose for now until I can find a new valve. Found I had a inch of slack in my throttle cable. Must be stretched. Put some zip ties in between the stop nub and the pedal bushing. Took the car for another short run up the highway. Made a huge difference. Building boost sooner and getting the four barrels open all the way now. Still no Grand National but a lot better!

Mich's87442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 24, 2016
West Seneca, NY
Completed a few things on the '87 442. Starting with the exhaust system. ARH headers wrapped in DEI thermal wrap and a Pypes dual exhaust system. Side exit. Installed new axle seals and pinion seal. Installed a Mosler cast aluminum differential cover. Installed a G-Force transmission crossmember. Throttle response is a lot more crisp with the new exhaust. In a couple weeks I think I might tackle the FiTech EFI system.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Got to see the 1st coat of some primer on my 87 woohoo! Long time coming and means that color is not too far away now!
20160610_141749.jpg
20160610_140954.jpg
20160610_141549.jpg
20160610_141613.jpg
20160610_141629.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Wildmani

Master Mechanic
Sep 17, 2010
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Finally got the LeMans ready to fire up after 5 and a half years lol. Filled the fluids, hooked up the battery, a little gas down the carb, and started turning it over. The engine caught with gas in the carb but wouldn't keep going. Think I burned out th starter cranking it over, won't even click when I turn t key now and the battery is good. . Don't think I'm getting fuel, but can't check anything until I can get it to crank again. Not the way today wa suppose to go...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Finally got the LeMans ready to fire up after 5 and a half years lol. Filled the fluids, hooked up the battery, a little gas down the carb, and started turning it over. The engine caught with gas in the carb but wouldn't keep going. Think I burned out th starter cranking it over, won't even click when I turn t key now and the battery is good. . Don't think I'm getting fuel, but can't check anything until I can get it to crank again. Not the way today wa suppose to go...

let the starter motor cool down and it should be ok, I can drop by to give you a hand one day this week

I cleaned up the GP, transferred my alpine radio and XM components from my Jeep to my GP and took it for a little test drive. Those General G max tires chirp pretty easy, I like tires that don't make any noise if they break free for a few seconds. It was a blast driving the GP today. I'll get the wheel alignment tomorrow and all all that is left to do is intake gaskets, change the flywheel and clutch and put the Howe hydraulic throw out bearing back in.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
I let the starter cool way down, still no dice. Not even a click now
Check if you grounds are all clean and tight when I was starting my Grand Prix after 5-6 years the starter wasn't crank well and it was a bad ground. Also try and give it a good old smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor