What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like those hidden ground straps that connect the back of the cylinder heads to the firewall...ask me how I know.
Oh we got those 😛

Took my car for a ride today. Instead of the "long" way home I normally take in the Cutlass
I opted for the "roundabout" way.

It's a small planet. I spent many of my summers at my Grandfather's farm up on Wright's Mountain west of Bradford.
Vermont.jpg

Reactions: pontiacgp
Installed the new A/C condenser, then reinstalled the radiator, fan and shroud. Now I need to find a hose that fits the G-body radiator, thermostat housing and also the 12S alternator on the serpentine system. Looks like either a Camaro or Caprice hose will make it over the alternator.
i sell these correct maro serp set-ups alot over on turbobuick,as well as malibu racing and elcocentral,
USB DRIVE 940.jpg
that utilize the maro lines and compressor/can for a gbody.ill get you a hose/line set-up for 30.00 and i could have my cousin meet you possibly at totavi? lmk if interested
USB DRIVE 941.jpg

Thanks. I picked up the condenser, hose and receiver/dryer. I'll research whether the condensate hard line from a Camaro has the right fittings on each end.

Thanks. I picked up the condenser, hose and receiver/dryer. I'll research whether the condensate hard line from a Camaro has the right fittings on each end.

That Camaro hard line is much longer than the Cutlass hard line. I don't have a picture but I can get you one if you like.

I changed the other upper control bolts for the 1/2" bolts. I drilled out the solid rivets on the stop on the lower control arms and replaced them with an adjustable stop so I can prevent the tires rubbing the sway bar at full turn. Steering set up wasn't squared so I did that and redid the toe adjustment, it's ready for the wheel alignment.

Reactions: drogg1
I got the wheel alignment done. I use 1/2" nylon locking nuts so I use non locking nut as service nuts to have the wheel alignment done. I don't like reusing the nylon locking nuts and to do the wheel alignment the nuts are loosened and tightened a number of times. When installing the locking nuts the bolts began to turn so I removed them and with a cold chisel I made a home made knurl just under the head and put some red loctite in the knurl and reinstalled the bolts. That worked so that job is done. I also readjusted the spindle stops......

Fixed the directional indicators. Fixed the oil leak in my dash. Put some truck door bumper guards around a couple of gauges so they sit snug. Looks like crap, but serves the purpose for now. Tach now reads for a v-8 instead of ... god knows what.

Started taping off for the next round of primer....also started cleaning up my rear window trim. My cutlass was originally a hardtop car but had a vinyl top for years so the trim had the crappy adhesive on it!!! With a little 3m adhesive remover and some elbow grease my 30 year old trim is coming back to life yippee!
20160618_152421.jpg
20160618_155700.jpg

Reactions: Pedrolif
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor