What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check if you grounds are all clean and tight when I was starting my Grand Prix after 5-6 years the starter wasn't crank well and it was a bad ground. Also try and give it a good old smack

The think is it was cranking over like a champ, would catch on the fuel dumped in the carb and quit when that ran out. Just quit cranking at all after that. Felt the starter and it was super hot

Installed the new A/C condenser, then reinstalled the radiator, fan and shroud. Now I need to find a hose that fits the G-body radiator, thermostat housing and also the 12S alternator on the serpentine system. Looks like either a Camaro or Caprice hose will make it over the alternator.

Got around to ordering the chrome trunk trim from GBodyparts.com. Should have it to install this weekend along with the new Optima battery and billet hold down. Next month I'll move on to other missing trim pieces, a little at a time.

picked up the moog problem solver idler arm I ordered and got it for $65. Installed the idler arm and 1/2" bolts for the front upper control arms on one side, I'll do the other side tomorrow. I opened the holes on the bracket just a little so the 1/2" bolts are in tight so the bolt won't spin tightening or loosening the nuts to adjust the alignment shims.

Reactions: Texas82GP
I'm sure it would've, but my brother has a "hack and smash" mentality when swapping engines, so I need a new aluminum ac bracket.
HOIST!.jpg

Think I posted this once, but it's still a good reminder.

wrappedView attachment 51841 one header today. not as fun as i thought it would be
My headers look alot like yours, and they're brand spanking new, out of the box, less then 500 miles on them. And boy do my legs get hot when driving for a while. I may be doing this in the near future, but I really don't want to remove those crappy Flowtech headers just to wrap them and stuff them back in. If I do, I need to steal my hoist back and remove the front clip, again... to lift the motor out and not wreck my nose anymore then it already is.
And yes, I'm playing catch up. Took my car for a ride today. Instead of the "long" way home I normally take in the Cutlass New Bitmap Image.jpg
I opted for the "roundabout" way.New Bitmap Image (3).jpg Listening to the loose grill squeak over every bump. Hopefully tomorrow I will put the brackets back in so they don't squeak as much, and maybe if I feel ambitious, try to rewire my radio so it comes on in ACC mode instead of just on, possibly wire in some LED courtesy lamps instead of the incandescents (but that might be pushing it). Two days in a row off, I may just take the dash apart and see if I can't get my gauges installed in the dash. It is pay day. All things are possible, but sleep is definite.

Last edited:
Got my trunk trim in from gbodyparts.com and got them ready to install this weekend. Very nice quality. Also received my billet battery tray. Now I just need the battery.

Like those hidden ground straps that connect the back of the cylinder heads to the firewall...ask me how I know.

• Agree
Reactions: Injectedcutty
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor