What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
drove it to work today. With the colder weather I started messing with the choke. If I set the spring tight enough to almost close at cold then it doesn't want to kick off the high idle cam when warm ! If I set it just a couple degrees back then the choke flap stays open and it wont idle cold.

It did this last year as well so I changed the choke spring, now seems I am having the same issues. :/

do you have 12 volts on the wire to the choke? If you still have the pressure switch near the distributor if that is detective it will not transfer the power to the wire going to the choke

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
yes, I was getting fluctuating readings from the choke wire last year so I jumped off a switched 12v+ power lead instead.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I replaced my summer 160* thermostat with a winter 195*. It made the motor overheat. I tried a second, same thing. Then I tried a third, same thing. I had tested all three in a pot of water on the stove with a candy thermometer and they passed. But when in the car they ran way too hot. In desperation I used a 180* left over from another car. It worked great, right on the money. Motor runs better and I still have good heat inside. I don't know what the deal is with these thermostats but I'm getting pretty tired of them failing so often.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Trying to trade my regal for a mildly rusty 1969 charger the guy wants 3500 for. Probably not gonna happen, but I can dream.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Brought home a replacement for my 301, a 1967 400!

During disassembly, found these little guys in the lifter valley and oil pan. Broken push rods. :confused:
At least you were gonna change the cam anyway, lol. Ive bent a couple in my time, but my lord I've never seen any in a non top fuel motor that were straight up broken.

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
At least you were gonna change the cam anyway, lol. Ive bent a couple in my time, but my lord I've never seen any in a non top fuel motor that were straight up broken.

Not only broken, they had been replaced with new pushrods and the broken pieces remained inside the engine!

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Brought home a replacement for my 301, a 1967 400!

During disassembly, found these little guys in the lifter valley and oil pan. Broken push rods. :confused:
Not only broken, they had been replaced with new pushrods and the broken pieces remained inside the engine!
:O

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I bought one of these today, GP feels like I added a supercharger and I got 5 mpg improvement..

attachment.php
attachment.php

:rofl:

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor