What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
Took the Olds to a show and cruise .Got home and put the cutlass up on jack stands so I can start my manual swap tomorrow

Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Discovered that a previous owner had put a screw with a chunk of heater hose as a gasket in the fuel tank lower corner...apparently to stop a pinhole leak. So yeah, ordered a new tank after discovering another weepy spot next to it.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Citation seats in my grudge car....looks at home.

• Agree

Algershick

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2015
Tacoma, Washington
Well, I brought home a stable mate for the Grand Prix tonight! '86 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. Fairly straight car, but the 307 has some pretty major gasket issues. Drove it home 25 miles. I'm pretty excited.

Reactions: 2 users

m ack repeta

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2016
Took the Olds to a show and cruise .Got home and put the cutlass up on jack stands so I can start my manual swap tomorrow
first new to the site . came over from oldsmobile enthuisasts car club ,you got them beat. i just read all 533 pages of what did you did to your g body, let me say some use as facebook. but some! i take my hat off to you guy. you really blow me away with the work, you guys are doin home in your garages. been workin on cars for 40 years but never would do what some of guys are doin . hope to learn from some your builds . sorry don,t mean to be long winded . but you guys are incredible! look forward to readin more

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
first new to the site . came over from oldsmobile enthuisasts car club ,you got them beat. i just read all 533 pages of what did you did to your g body, let me say some use as facebook. but some! i take my hat off to you guy. you really blow me away with the work, you guys are doin home in your garages. been workin on cars for 40 years but never would do what some of guys are doin . hope to learn from some your builds . sorry don,t mean to be long winded . but you guys are incredible! look forward to readin more

We certainly have some skilled, ambitious, creative and knowledgeable members here. You'll learn plenty here. I know I sure have. Welcome to the forum!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Opened this weeks mail and got pads for brake and clutch pedals. Thinking about keeping original larger brake pedal instead of smaller brake pedal that comes with pedal kit as I am putting in a 4 speed Muncie and I am a klutzs. Agonizing on carpet and insulation.....what to do...what to do...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Picked up my Jeep from my buddy's garage today, they changed the transfer case, front drive shaft, put supplied brake pads and rotors on the rear, changed the steering tube tie rod, opened and inspected the front and rear diffs and changed the pinion seals, put in all new fluids and changed the idle pulley in the serpentine set up....bill was only $670 and it ran great so I beat the crap out of my GP today since it's going away soon and I have a back up back on the road....:)

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Got clutch pedal stop and boot for through dash clutch rod in mail today. Decided to go with charcoal carpet as it will make a nice contrast. NOW... what carpet to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor