What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
almost done with the junkyard rear disk brakes...

IMG_20110905_155017.jpg

IMG_20110905_165856.jpg

I'm going to go buy some new secondary metering rods to replace the one I dropped last nite when I was replacing the plastic float with a brass one. The metering rod landed on it's tip so it's junk now.. I am now running my back up carb...🙁

Bummer!! Hope the backup works ok.
I replaces my old cd player with a new Sony unit and a 600w amp in the back! Sounds nice.

Also scorred a really nice dash to replace my cracked on. This winter I will clean and dye it for installation in the spring along with the new columm.
Dean

posted this picture of the plenum wall of my performer rpm after it was partially removed
plenum23.jpg

(it was taken about half way down)

Picked up my other T5 WC out of storage. I need to replace the needle bearings between the input and output shafts and put it in my GP. The transmission I have in there now if making a bit of noise, 3-4 syncro is gone and it's hard to get it in gear sometimes so it's ready for a rebuild and I might as well upgrade it at the same time...

Picked up the secondary metering rods but the AD rod from rochester are no longer available and neither was an I hanger. So had to measure them and find the Eldebrock part number closest to them. .41 rods and a B hanger did the trick. Got the carb back on the car and it runs real nice.

Im about to switch over to historical plates so instead of buying the new historical plates I bought a plate from 1983 for it. Just came in today :banana:
licenseplate.jpg

I also got my new tach and shift light in the mail today so I was able to do a quick mock up of what it will potentially look like. The big steering wheel covers up part of the tach and one of the other gauges. The shift light is also just sitting on the column til I figure out exactly where to put it. Suggestions/tips are welcome 😀
newdashpanel.jpg

What is the best rod and hanger to have. I have several to choose from, just dont know what one to use.

pontiacgp said:
Picked up the secondary metering rods but the AD rod from rochester are no longer available and neither was an I hanger. So had to measure them and find the Eldebrock part number closest to them. .41 rods and a B hanger did the trick. Got the carb back on the car and it runs real nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor