What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I test fitted my rally II's to let me viualize what it will look like when the car is done. Mostly daydreamed about getting it done and worried about my rear wheel well rust issue...
normal_IMG00120-20111010-1725.jpg

Installed the hood pins I've had laying around for the last 10 years. Greased all the suspension, and my rear u-joint, need a hoist to get at the front one.

Had the ambition to swap steering column...but forgot my tool box in my cousins truck. So I cleaned her out and snapped some interior Pix for you guys. Ill post em tomorrow on the gbotm thing for October.

The F body rear coil spring isolators came in today so I installed moog 5661 springs in the rear. I ended up cutting 1.25 coils off and I'll see how it settles but I think I'll be cutting another 1/4 coil off. Those F body isolators cost me a little over $99 from GM but they are worth it. The springs fit perfectly with them and the centre hole of it lines it up with the hump that lines up the pig tail

Got my Optima Red top battery. Pulled my axles on the rear end and test fit the disc brake backing plates. They fit with no drilling. Then I started cleaning up the rear so I can get it painted. I'll try to have pics up soon.

started on some body work. worked on the header panel re glassing it fixin some cracks and fillin in the holes for center trim and ornament. then cleaned the inside of the car

pontiacgp said:
The F body rear coil spring isolators came in today so I installed moog 5661 springs in the rear. I ended up cutting 1.25 coils off and I'll see how it settles but I think I'll be cutting another 1/4 coil off. Those F body isolators cost me a little over $99 from GM but they are worth it. The springs fit perfectly with them and the centre hole of it lines it up with the hump that lines up the pig tail

What's the benefit from the f body isolators? I put in new g body isolators a few years back (GM ones), they were tiny compared to the original ones I took out, but fit just fine.

the F body isolator allows the use of an open coil spring so the spring can be cut to suite your needs. The spring sits in a slopped channel in the isolator

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor