What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleBblazercrazy

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Pulled the old harness out of the cabinet. Now have to fuse the old one and the new one. Also installed the condenser and found a Crack in my brand new radiator.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Got it up on jack stands and started the process of replacing the body bushings. All the bolts that the head was not rusted off of, I was able to get them all out. And believe it or not they are in such good shape that I could use them again if I had too. Both #6 bolts I will have to get what's left of them out when I put the bushings in each side. I woulda never guessed this car to have the #5 bushings either, but it does.

Reactions: 1 user

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Finished up the bushing job today. Got the pass #6 out using vice grips 1/4 turn at a time. Don't know how long it took, but it was too long. Cut a hole above the driver's # 6, double nutted it and took it out the top in a fraction of the time. Don't know if this was a common thing, but it had the same #5 cushions in hole 3. All in all it went rather well even doing it on the ground.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Been working on interior last little bit. Got a/c box and ducts back in, had to fab some console/shifter brackets because I forgot to pull the stock ones from the parts car I scrapped :blam:
Cleaned up dash wiring and dyed top side of dash because it was discolored from the sun.
Today I hope to get dash, carpet, console installed and probably get all the audio/accessory wiring run. Also need to decide which steering column I want to use...

Reactions: 1 user

Flowers85Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2015
Finished the weatherstripping on bothe doors this week, painful! Refreshed rear end oil yesterday. Front sway bar bushings and links on the way today. Will be putting some miles on it this weekend, can't wait.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Put in the gas tank I bought from jerryandthemonte this week so now I can fill up the GP without losing any of that precious fluid. Before I put it in I went to Napa to get a new sender. I was quoted over the phone a price of $81 a few days ago but when I got there today they wanted $115. The guy would not budge on the price so I left it and put my old one in with the new tank. I complained to customer service at Napa so if they agree to sell me one at $81 I'll be dropping the tank again. My old sender works but it's gets sketchy when it is lower than 1/4 tank

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Put new battery tray in. Got my 34mm sway bar bushings in the mail today so I put my hollow sway bar on. Now my car sits level. Original was bent causing the pass side to sit 3/4" lower than the other side. Also got my core support bushings today. Original GM bushings from Classic Industries. There for a 2nd gen Nova, but they are the same as the ones for our cars.

pow3rwagon

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2015
Washington
Today I put a hole in my hood. The air cleaner rod must have unscrewed when I took the air cleaner off to adjust my detent cable. I slammed my hood down and it wouldn't latch so I opened it back up to see if I left a tool in there and the slammed it with a little force, the result was the air clean rod piercing the hood and stuck up about 1/4 in. I didn't even fix it I just looked at it shook my head and walked inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor