What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Went to the wrecking yard and picked up a Cherokee steering shaft. Installed that and went back to working on the LT1 harness.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Changed the oil in my 79 el camino replaced the battery cables and fixed some the wiring by the gas tank. Not sure how correct it is since it's still reading over full, If it's right there is gas in it from abut 4 years ago and does run on it.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
3:06 am here right now. Gonna go to a doctor's appointment later todsy then tidy up my engine bay. Check the oil, plugs, reroute some wires, little stuff. Might clean the cabin out also.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
took my grandkids to chuck e cheese late afternoon to burn some money and then dropped them off with their mom who was getting stuff done at a beauty saloon. Got back in my car put it in reverse and went about a couple of feet before it felt like the transmission fell apart, put ir in first and the same thing so I called CAA who took almost 2 hours to show up. Seems like the hot weather cause as many problems as super cold weather does. Anyhow I'm thinking a bearing came apart on the countershaft of my T5 WC. I was planning on going camping this weekend but I think I'll be busy. In my Jeep for now and at least that has a great air conditioner in it. :(

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Two days later, tidied up my engine bay. Rerouted some wires, wiping all the gravel dirt off the car. Looks good. Gonna wash it this weekend.

86regaldrvr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2015
Southern Ontario
Took the Regal out for a drive after some maintenance today. Did a little investigating for the cause of a rough idle, then surging while driving along at part throttle. When the manual choke is pulled out slightly then the surging would smooth out and all was fine. Turns out that the fuel filter was packed with a fine dirt or sludge. Fresh gas in the fuel tank I bought last year seems to have finally cleaned it out.
2016-07-06 157.jpg

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Took the Regal out for a drive after some maintenance today. Did a little investigating for the cause of a rough idle, then surging while driving along at part throttle. When the manual choke is pulled out slightly then the surging would smooth out and all was fine. Turns out that the fuel filter was packed with a fine dirt or sludge. Fresh gas in the fuel tank I bought last year seems to have finally cleaned it out.
View attachment 52597
Beautiful Regal! Looks exactly like mine, except it's an '85 and, well not Canadian. Mine has been an Iowa car all it's life.They appear to be the same color too. Do you know what code yours is? Mine is painted over in the paint I need to decode.

Attachments

• 13254139_1075928609166314_1150696640711457656_n.jpg
    13254139_1075928609166314_1150696640711457656_n.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 176

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Took my car to work today. I got a lot of attention on my way home, from people staring and some thumbs up. My buff job must have worked. I miss the choppy idle and sound my car dose not have.( Six cylinder ). It sure is nice having a old car that cruises nice and ac though.

86regaldrvr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2015
Southern Ontario
Beautiful Regal! Looks exactly like mine, except it's an '85 and, well not Canadian. Mine has been an Iowa car all it's life.They appear to be the same color too. Do you know what code yours is? Mine is painted over in the paint I need to decode.

Thank you for the compliment, its a Burgundy colour, don't really know its paint history but it appears that only the roof was repainted at one time. I will try to figure out the paint code and get back to you with that info. Your car appears to be a survivor too!

Its funny today the wife and I were talking about paint colour and what to paint it. The front hood paint has oxidized and the landau roof is shot but the best part is no serious rust like 95% of the cars here. The frame still has factory paint on it. I would like to leave it as is but there is a couple of stone chips that need attention before they get out of control.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor