What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! Sorry that happened to you but glad the damage isn't worse and that you got the trans leak fixed. As an anecdote, I was working on my dad's 62 Ford Galaxie, putting in a courtesy light under the dash on the driver's side. I had the battery unhooked. I finished the install, we hooked up the battery, the light was working nice and Dad went to start the car. The light housing shorted on the post on the back of the ignition switch (dash mounted on that car) and the carnage was bad. I thought the car was going to burn up right there. Dad was hustling to get the battery cable off and I started ripping wires down under the dash in a panic. The car didn't burn. My hands were burnt pretty bad. After I healed up I ended up pulling the entire harness out of the dash and most of the underhood wiring harness out and repaired/replaced it with elements from a harness we bought online. It was a big job all for a small mistake. It happens.

Went out in the garage to check on the battery tender. It was 113°F out there, So I went back in the house and had a cold beer. I hate this time of year here in Phoenix. It has been over 110°F for the last 20 days. going stir crazy......:blam:

Attachments

• 1655057_10205898837098506_7975766555681866154_o.jpg
    1655057_10205898837098506_7975766555681866154_o.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Optimistic
Reactions: pontiacgp
Went on one of the best drive's I've had in a long time. Drove for about an hour and a half. MAN that engine runs smooth as glass, but kinda has a little wobble at idle and sounds like it's missing on a cylinder. Might have the wrong spark plugs in it. They all look fine and similar to one another. They are the ones I ordered for my 429 ford, but they were too thin on the threads. I ended up going with Autolite 45s for that before I sold it. I test fitted them in my Buick heads before I put them on and there was no clearance issues, not longer or shorter than the hole, right type of seat, etc.
Car basically cruises at highway speeds with 2.29 gear. My transmission leak seems to have stopped itself, but it'll slip a little and pop into gear at a stop until it gets warm.

As I was saying, wonderful drive. Beautiful weather, twilight hours just after a big storm but no big puddles. Clear sky. Radio was behaving and I was blasting Boston. I also saw another primer dark grey Regal with IROC wheels that I stalked for a bit.

I drove my GP around minding my own business and some guy in an Audi R8 needed to show me how fast his car is. What is wrong with this guy's head when he's driving a $170,000 performance car and is intimidated by a old GP.

Reactions: tc1959
I drove my GP around minding my own business and some guy in an Audi R8 needed to show me how fast his car is. What is wrong with this guy's head when he's driving a $170,000 performance car and is intimidated by a old GP.

He probably had an inferiority complex since an old hand built GP hot rod is a lot cooler than something you can just buy if you have money. At least in my opinion.

It's because his marriage is failing his step son hates him and the Mountain Dew bill is getting out of hand so he has to show his dominance to anyone and anything

Audi owners all have the same problem.....
eyxea2ter4pnki1mvd6h.jpg

Audi owners all have the same problem.....View attachment 52371

and another difference is I don't have to worry about a monthly payment to keep my car..😎

I did a little adjustment to the steering box and it feels better, now I'm headed to pick up my grandkids for a little cruise and some lunch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor