What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I measure the push rod length so I can order new push rods on Monday. I put the other head on and installed the brackets for the serpentine set up. I didn't bother installing the intake since I find it much easier to adjust the valve lash with the intake off and it doesn't take much time to install the intake. I didn't install the headers either, I think I'll get new header bolts....now it's beer time...:)

Reactions: 3 users

MTP-Madmat

Apprentice
Feb 27, 2018
Nothing today now that the transmission swap is done and it can move under its own power again. Rowing the gears is much more fun than letting than the lag of the auto. Especially on the downshift. Now to stay inside for the rest of the Phoenix summer.

Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Pulled it out of the barn where it has been sitting due to all the rain here. Plan on washing it today and pulling door panels to recover and paint black. Spotted rain this week but will drive to work at least one day. Have some time off next week so maybe start rear end swap

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
442E88C3-8FAD-4068-A1C1-8A55BC504D26.jpeg
Well, finally got the bugs out of the Bonneville. Had a couple antifreeze leaks. (Freeze plug-intake gasket)
But it runs well with no leaks and seems like a dependable driver.
Yesterday I was able to fix some minor stuff in the interior. Fixed my dome lights and took the dash apart.
I needed to replace the dash lights. I also put a gauge pack in with a factory Am/Fm radio. Put some factory rear speakers I had laying around and everything works! I also put a new bezel on and didn’t notice it had a cut out for the wiper switch. So I need to get creative and fill it. Open to suggestions...
timo22

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
View attachment 91024 Well, finally got the bugs out of the Bonneville. Had a couple antifreeze leaks. (Freezes plug-intake gasket)
But it runs well with no leaks and seems like a dependable driver.
Yesterday I was able to fix some minor stuff in the interior. Fixed my dome lights and took the dash apart.
I needed to replace the dash lights. I also put a gauge pack in with a factory Am/Fm radio. Put some factory rear speakers I had laying around and everything works! I also put a new bezel on and didn’t notice it had a cut out for the wiper switch. So I need to get creative and fill it. Open to suggestions...
timo22
A small piece of ABS glued in from the back would make a nice place for some sort of accessory switch.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Had to make a couple of test hits in Olds Cool while I was out today to make sure the QuadraJet was working okay.

From a dig - off idle:

60E78E1F-9790-4ABF-88C0-7464E769B62C.jpeg

And after a John Force-style funny car burnout in first gear:

DA049A12-7926-4868-BE15-D5D8ECC90BA4.jpeg

Don’t know why it left such a weird tread pattern, must’ve been because the asphalt was so rough.
Interesting side note, once you get enough wheel speed going, even the other tire will spin in your (currently) open diff...
:D

Yup, carb seems to be working ok!!

• Winner
Reactions: 17 users

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Got the interior back together. Picked up a console from a camaro. Waiting for the cover plate
That looks really nice was there a lot of fab work needed for this to fit nicely in there?what year of Camaro you used? Thanks in advance for info on this.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I changed head gaskets and reassembled my 350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor