What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the coil so I could track down the problem of 80 psi fuel pressure. I disconnected the fuel line from the regulator and used jerry can to catch the fuel, the pressure went down to 45 psi with the car running so I reconnected that and disconnected the return line going to the tank, pressure was at 45 psi with the car running so I pumped all the gas out of the tank and dropped it and removed the sender. I used the vent line in the tank for the return and there is a valve at that reduces the opening to about 1/8" so that is the problem. I sawed off the valve and dug out the plastic restriction in the line so now that line is free and tank is ready to be reinstalled....:popcorn:

I changed the coil so I could track down the problem of 80 psi fuel pressure. I disconnected the fuel line from the regulator and used jerry can to catch the fuel, the pressure went down to 45 psi with the car running so I reconnected that and disconnected the return line going to the tank, pressure was at 45 psi with the car running so I pumped all the gas out of the tank and dropped it and removed the sender. I used the vent line in the tank for the return and there is a valve at that reduces the opening to about 1/8" so that is the problem. I sawed off the valve and dug out the plastic restriction in the line so now that line is free and tank is ready to be reinstalled....:popcorn:
What sender did you use? The EFI units have a return line.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Sure thing Iol thanks for the complimentary.....I think lol 😉
More pics is always best! 👨🏿‍🔧👌🏿 20190730_135701.jpg20190730_135706.jpg20190730_135714.jpgimage000000(4).jpg20190722_121510.jpgimage000000.jpgimage000000(2).jpgimage000000(3).jpg20190823_090713.jpg

Mocked up the center console some, and fought with the third brake light a bit. One way wiring it does not fire at all, the opposite way is constant on. I know the LED makes the ground important. Hoping that walking away from it will make it all come clear

Seems my choke may be getting stuck because the car was at full operating temp and I had been driving it for a half hour and the idle was too high so I went to adjust it and found the choke wasn’t completely open so I pushed the linkage completely open so it pulled off I guess the fast idle cam or whatever held it and then it finally stayed fully open and my idle dropped to normal.

However I’ve recently been having a bit of a knock or rattle or whatever randomly though typically when the idle is really low or if I mess something up and it tries to stall like my troublesome hot restart the noise is way louder but here is a video.

Is it detonation or a true knock? I also have heard the Edelbrock exhaust crossover plugs like to rattle so when I put mine in I used quick steel to hold them in and I’m wondering if that hasn’t broke loose letting them rattle and maybe that’s the noise? What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put the fuel tank back in, hooked up the fuel lines and set the fuel pressure to 43 psi....took the GP off the cinder blocks and put it back on the ground...🙂
Burnout video or it didn't happen.

:twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor