What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to ssn696 I got the bushing installed on the master clutch cylinder rod so I was able to put the dash back together. I had dropped the steering column and the metal plate above the column so I can see what I am doing instead of trying to crawl under the dash. I put another 1/2 quart of ATF in the transmission, I only got 2 quarts in before it started coming out the fill hole which is less than what is supposed to go in. I figure since I have the transmission sitting straight instead of the 17 degree angle that means the fill hole is lower than what it used be with the angle so I think I'll be good with 2.5 quarts. I got to the point to fire up the GP, it started real quick with the Fast efi. I don't have the coolant in it yet so I couldn't let it run that long but it sounded good. After that I decided the change the door seals while the car is still up in the air, easier to work on them. I was on the first one and had the key on to put the window down to put the seal on at each end and then up, I didn't have the key on for that long but my coil decided to fry, figured that was time to quit and have a beer and I'll pick up a new coil tomorrow......:friday:

I visited it!
20190825_162011.jpg
I took my wife's car over to my Mom's house to change the engine oil, because all my stuff is crammed into my storage garage right now.

4D0F5277-D86F-4223-AE1D-65769A459157.jpeg
Replaced the two rear lower sail panels with some nice ones I picked up . Needed to remove the entire back seat and disconnect the seat belts so they could be threaded through the new panels . Luckily everything came apart nicely with no rusted or frozen bolts . Overall about a two hour job

View attachment 121926Replaced the two rear lower sail panels with some nice ones I picked up . Needed to remove the entire back seat and disconnect the seat belts so they could be threaded through the new panels . Luckily everything came apart nicely with no rusted or frozen bolts . Overall about a two hour job

Now just scuff and spray SEM color match paint and you will have another set that look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor