What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
My best friend and his family just stopped by on their way home to Toronto (for context we live 5 hours apart). So after dinner we jumped in the wagon (which he'd only seen in parts during the build) and made a trip to register my girls for skating (because August in Canada). One Hellcat payment later, we were on the return trip when for no reason other than juvenile nostalgia we started melting nearly 700mm of tires on a rural road.

Fun fact: In high school, just after getting my license, I almost killed us in my Dad's '86 T-type - at least that's how he tells the story...

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My best friend and his family just stopped by on their way home to Toronto (for context we live 5 hours apart). So after dinner we jumped in the wagon (which he'd only seen in parts during the build) and made a trip to register my girls for skating (because August in Canada). One Hellcat payment later, we were on the return trip when for no reason other than juvenile nostalgia we started melting nearly 700mm of tires on a rural road.

Fun fact: In high school, just after getting my license, I almost killed us in my Dad's '86 T-type - at least that's how he tells the story...

Pics or it never happened!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Of me endangering us in our youth, or our middle-aged selves just now?

The latter of course, nobody cares about the silly sh*t we did when we were young and stupid!
🤣

5F57F180-9135-47C5-A343-3EFB25FFAB53.png

Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I welded the spring perches onto the axle tube and installed the new 5413 moog springs, they went in easy by hand. I tried to raise the rear end to get the lower bot for the chock back in but the car started lifting off the cinder blocks so I'll have to add weight in the trunk. I have the short Bilsteins so the springs stay in place if i have to jack up the car so it's a tight fit to get them back in. I opened the bleeders on the wheel cylinders and let them gravity bleed for a while and had a beer... 🙂

Reactions: 5 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Didn't feel like much progress yesterday since I had to remake the bottom spacer since it was too thin and split, now trying to fight the thickness of this one and getting the door panel to fit alright.
20190815_090108.jpg
20190815_091008.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Pablo’s Buick Garage

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2019
I’m not using thes calipers anymore but I still had to mock it up just because it looked sooooo good
100521cc7ca430446432c7cbc11c443f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Came home on lunch, moved an ign wire around which fixed the gauge issue, put a couple gallons of 93 octane in the ole girl, and cranked it to check for leaks. Regulator got to 40psi real quick and so far no leaks. I thought what the hell, crank it again and it TRIED TO FIREUP!!!! I have to go finish my route, but once I get back home I'll put some trans fluid in, hook up the laptop and see if I can get it to run.

20190815_132853.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor