What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
I gotta ask. What is that fuel filter made of ? Is it glass ?
If you are asking about the one in the engine bay that is just cheap carb style filter which is not plumbed to anything. I ran the new fuel line on the drive side. I haven't removed the stock stuff yet. If you are referring the one I added I believe they are stainless.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I replaced the alternator/ps pump bracket with the one I just bought, alternator dropped about 3" so a big case alternator fits. Didn't think this one through though cause the belt I have is about 3" too long so I'll have to pick up a new belt tomorrow..... :popcorn:

Reactions: 10 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
replaced the drivers side outer window sweep, remounted the broken remote mirror with the glass fixed in position, removed the new knob from the crappy repo window crank and put it on the OEM handle, and put new felt on the front window guide.
Tomorrow we clean all the vinyl panels, add all new unbroken mounting clips and put it all back together.

Reactions: 7 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
put my new gbp center caps on. good quality. ain't going anywhere. enjoy a blurry pic.
caps.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
Got the AC working today for the first time in 20 years! Air conditioning is my favorite invention of all time and I didn’t feel like sweating on those original velour seats! Went smoother than I thought, thanks in part to a lot of help and info from this forum! Converting to 134a and some rewiring, and it blows ice cold now.

i thought I’d have trouble with the idle dropping too low when the compressor kicked in (running a Holley 4150), but it barely dropped 100 rpm. I heard of way worse.

DAFD6B17-D4B2-4F6E-89BC-D43CA4C036A9.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Got the AC working today for the first time in 20 years! Air conditioning is my favorite invention of all time and I didn’t feel like sweating on those original velour seats! Went smoother than I thought, thanks in part to a lot of help and info from this forum! Converting to 134a and some rewiring, and it blows ice cold now.

i thought I’d have trouble with the idle dropping too low when the compressor kicked in (running a Holley 4150), but it barely dropped 100 rpm. I heard of way worse.

View attachment 146713
im sure you could still rig up a qjet idle kickup solenoid.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Attachments

• 20170224_170150.jpg
    20170224_170150.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 112
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Does the Quadrajet Solenoid work differently than the Holley Solenoid?
We have a Holley solenoid on Dad's Galaxie. It isn't strong enough to push the idle up itself but if you roll off the throttle while it is engaged, it doesn't let the throttle return to idle. I'm not sure how the Q-jet solenoid works. My car doesn't run yet but the solenoid on my carb is a stock Q-jet peice. My carb is from a truck but was custom built/tuned for my combination.

Reactions: 4 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm running a Holley solenoid,it takes a little dialing in to get it just rite but it's worth it in the end.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor