What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
It is a small allen head set screw. The adjuster goes up thru the bottom, and the set screw holds it in place.
Just did this yesterday.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I picked up the serpentine belt today, it's 95.5" long so changing the ps pump bracket from a Chevy pick up to the camaro the belt is 3" shorter. With the belt installed I noticed the alternator and ps pump pulleys sit further out from the engine. It seems the bracket is wider that than the truck bracket. I removed the truck bracket and used some 3/8" washers as shims and all the pulleys are lined up now.... :popcorn:

Reactions: 5 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Posted more completely about this elsewhere, but summarily I did manage to finish the return circuit for my power steering pump to the box. The whole saga is posted under the steering section of the forums.

Reactions: 1 user

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
I finally got it insured and tagged! Drove to local shop to try and get a quote on finishing up the exhaust. Drove around some more so the Holley can get some learn time.

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Found my vacuum leak.
Last year, on the day we put it away into winter storage it started running bad. Low power, put your foot in it to go up a hill and it'd die, sometimes even stall out.
Pretty sure I knew what it was, and had all winter to think about it.
So, I confirmed my suspicions this morning after driving it 20 miles to get the new inspection sticker
View attachment 146790

Hose fitting to the charcoal canister line had pulled out of the carb body.
That sucked;)
Is there supposed to be vacuum at the bowl vent?

Reactions: 1 user

Bigtexs

Apprentice
Mar 30, 2017
Oak Cliff, Tx
I finally got tired of filling the ps pump with ps fluid before I take my Elco for a drive and changed out the ps pump

Attachments

• IMG_20200521_122858.jpg
    IMG_20200521_122858.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 106
Reactions: 7 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Spent the day at the JY looking for useful upgrade items. Picked up 2 pr of power mirror motors. First pair from a Buick LaSaber, the second pair from a Cadillac which also has mirror heat.
The mirror motors only cost $5.49 pr.

My next score is a very nice pair of bucket seats (driver side w/power) in an acceptable dark gray color (the rest of my interior is black), from a '97 Cutlass. Before leaving the Cutlass, I also got the lighted/mirrored sunvisors, dome light w/maplights, rearview mirror w/reading lights, and the SPDT rocker switch for the sun/moon roof (just because I like switches).
The Cutlass parts cost me a total of $160.12 tax included.
I am a happy man today!!!
20200523_171030.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Spent the day at the JY looking for useful upgrade items. Picked up 2 pr of power mirror motors. First pair from a Buick LaSaber, the second pair from a Cadillac which also has mirror heat.
The mirror motors only cost $5.49 pr.

My next score is a very nice pair of bucket seats (driver side w/power) in an acceptable dark gray color (the rest of my interior is black), from a '97 Cutlass. Before leaving the Cutlass, I also got the lighted/mirrored sunvisors, dome light w/maplights, rearview mirror w/reading lights, and the SPDT rocker switch for the sun/moon roof (just because I like switches).
The Cutlass parts cost me a total of $160.12 tax included.
I am a happy man today!!!
View attachment 146907
Curious to see this one!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Attempted to change my water pump. After I drained the coolant from the drain pan to a larger one, I found all this:
FLUSH YOUR BLOCKS PEOPLE. Never trust a craigslist/fb marketplace engine. This could've gotten a lot worse than it was. I flushed the block rad and heater core with the hose so that's all good now.

Besides that, I ****in ripped my water pump gasket and the pump I got, while shorter (which is what I wanted), is slightly different in body shape so my pulley hits the water pump. I need to get some washers with a 5/8 hole to space the pulley out. Nothing I havent done before, but just annoying.

So that's what I tried to do to my g body today.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor