What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I finally took the battery out of the hallway and put it in the car. Adjusted the carb and burnt the dust off the tires before a quick wash. Still mad at it. Maybe tomorrow I will put the cover back on it.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
now that Scott's done with his GN I'm sure he'll have all kinds of time on his hands... :sneaky:
Almost "done" that is. Been working on trunk panels today. Got the false floor and trap door covered in carpet, and a couple panels covered in padding. Keeping it simple. This is my 1st time attempting this type of work.
20210306_214537.jpg
20210306_214543.jpg

Reactions: 13 users

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
I am getting ready to remodel my house and I need a place to put the 30 yds dumpster. I asked a friend if I could store my 78 Malibu at his business during the remod. He said sure. The car has been sitting for about 8 years so I replaced the ignition switch and starter, redid most of the ignition and charging wiring, put in a new battery, tightened the belts and fired her up. When she was running, I loosened and then retightened the rockers to make sure I had good oil flow to the top of the heads. All was good. So I have another friend following me to this place so I can get a ride home. We have to cross the Mississippi River bridge to get to where the car is going to be, so up we go on one side and down we go on the other. We get into a little town at the bottom of the bridge that we have to go through to get to where the car is going to be stored. First lite in town is green and right when I think "This is going well." The engine spits a big puff of blue smoke out of the left exhaust pipe. I just happen to see it in the rearview and immediately do a dive for the shoulder of the road. I JUST make it onto the shoulder and the engine locks up tight. My bud pulls in behind me and we get out to look under the hood. We walk to the front of the car and already there is a huge puddle of oil streaming out from under the front of the car. I didn't even open the hood. We just towed it to the place where it was to be stored and parked it.

So today, I blew the engine in my G-Body.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I am getting ready to remodel my house and I need a place to put the 30 yds dumpster. I asked a friend if I could store my 78 Malibu at his business during the remod. He said sure. The car has been sitting for about 8 years so I replaced the ignition switch and starter, redid most of the ignition and charging wiring, put in a new battery, tightened the belts and fired her up. When she was running, I loosened and then retightened the rockers to make sure I had good oil flow to the top of the heads. All was good. So I have another friend following me to this place so I can get a ride home. We have to cross the Mississippi River bridge to get to where the car is going to be, so up we go on one side and down we go on the other. We get into a little town at the bottom of the bridge that we have to go through to get to where the car is going to be stored. First lite in town is green and right when I think "This is going well." The engine spits a big puff of blue smoke out of the left exhaust pipe. I just happen to see it in the rearview and immediately do a dive for the shoulder of the road. I JUST make it onto the shoulder and the engine locks up tight. My bud pulls in behind me and we get out to look under the hood. We walk to the front of the car and already there is a huge puddle of oil streaming out from under the front of the car. I didn't even open the hood. We just towed it to the place where it was to be stored and parked it.

So today, I blew the engine in my G-Body.
I'd look at that from another persepctive - now you're deciding on the new power plant for your G :sneaky:

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I wrapped up the suspension repairs. All new shocks, springs and bushings. Front and rear. It's a totally different can. Might have to clip the front springs about a half coil. It's a little tall. I don't think it will settle out.

Reactions: 1 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Still shopping wheel and tire options...

Have it narrowed to a couple.

Random question, does anyone know if a polished wheel can be partially powder coated? Meaning leave the dish/lip/rim polished but coat the spoke/barrel a color of choice?

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Still shopping wheel and tire options...

Have it narrowed to a couple.

Random question, does anyone know if a polished wheel can be partially powder coated? Meaning leave the dish/lip/rim polished but coat the spoke/barrel a color of choice?
yes

Reactions: 2 users

Herrodere

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2021
Replaced the rear shocks and took it for a test ride after 18 years of saving money for a new engine.

Attachments

• D184AB66-28B3-45ED-B850-EF11414F71EE.jpeg
    D184AB66-28B3-45ED-B850-EF11414F71EE.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
Reactions: 4 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Installed the new manual brake master cylinder new brake lines bled the system was planning on shortening my driveshaft today now that the 12 bolts in the car trip to the parts store for universal joints ran into a guy who had a set of wheels he wanted to sale real cheap you know the rest of the story

Attachments

• 4EE3A7A8-A013-4623-BFFB-2CC0FF569350.jpeg
    4EE3A7A8-A013-4623-BFFB-2CC0FF569350.jpeg
    894.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 3C7AE685-9664-48FA-B0DE-3D697AA1A416.jpeg
    3C7AE685-9664-48FA-B0DE-3D697AA1A416.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • A41658FF-1A60-4D19-BA33-9DE1CD1510AC.jpeg
    A41658FF-1A60-4D19-BA33-9DE1CD1510AC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Continued working on trunk panels since I had some free time. All side pieces have padding glued on, and the rear panel is covered in vinyl and done. I ran outta glue so I'll have to finish up this week if possible.
20210307_153830.jpg

Reactions: 12 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor